• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football on YouTube

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if this will catch on, but I think it might be an idea (well it's definitely an idea but I don't want to use a descriptive word for its potential merit) to have a thread for great YouTube videos. Preferably stuff that might be less well known or funny rather than classis stuff. This of course might just be an excuse to post my video of Plymouth v Orient from 1984.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I was reminded of this match today, so here it is for your pleasure.
Man Utd 3 West Brom 5 - YouTube

First and foremost, it's a terrific game; Cantello's goal at 1.20 is outstanding, and lots of the others were great too. But the subplot that makes it even more enjoyable is seeing Cunningham and Regis, having spent the game being roundly booed by the morons in the crowd (to such an extent that it was even mentioned by the commentator in the days when it was pretty much ignored) really turning it on and absolutely ripping Man Utd apart.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't know if anyone remembers Bostock's Cup?

Briefly it's a mockumentary that was shown originally in 1999 celebrating the 25th anniversary of the imaginary third division (old money) Bostock United winning the FA Cup in 1974.

I think it was only ever shown once (problems with copyright, I heard; it used doctored images from Sunderland beating the dirtys in the real 73 final with Bostock CGIed over the Mackems and whoever had the rights had a sense of humour failure) but it's piss funny, skewering more or less every football cliche going.

The whole programme is now available on YouTube, but this clip is from Bostock's tie with non-league Pontefract and their famous sloping pitch:

"They've got Isaac ****ing Newton playing for them."

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I remember watching and loving every minute of it. Absolutely brilliant.
Pontefract wearing the same colours as Yeovil Town, who older CWers will know had the real life sloping pitch.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It looks like this might not be viewable as an embedded video. It's worth a look on YouTube though if only as a reminder that Pickford isn't the worst with the ball at his feet.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If anyone is bored waiting for the Euros to start today, I've just uploaded a new video to YouTube of a cup tie between Plymouth and Exeter from 1996.

Aritro

International Regular
Let's take a moment to appreciate this wonder goal by Australia U/23 international Alou "Harry" Kuol. Brother of 17 year old Garang "Harry" Kuol who came on in a friendly against Barcelona the other day and turned a few heads. Commentator loses points for not being able to recall Rene Higuita's name.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If you've ever been bursting at the balls to see a match played at Home Park in June 1989 between England and Poland Under 21's now is your chance. Two minor points of interest. About 200 Wolves fans made the three hour trip to see Bull and Mutch play as overage players for England. Dedication bordering on insanity. The England team is not exactly bursting with International stars of the future.

James

Cricket Web Owner
This deserves a mention considering the claims of match fixing by the ref and Wellington still hanging on.

Last edited: