• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Follow on: to enforce or not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The thing is for every argument along those lines it can be countered by the chances that Warne has to bowl to top order players.

The 2 cannot be separated IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I'm willing to give this thread a chance (as I haven't seen a Murali-Warne in three weeks, but that's probably only because I've been away) - so let's keep it civil and structured rather than turning it into a bunch of ten-year-olds playing state/restate.
Corey has dealt with the Warne-Murali-thread problems most effectively in your absence.
I never bother with them because I'm never going to be swayed from the POV that they're equal for all intents and purposes.

thirdslip

Cricket Spectator
One thing I especially want to check (using what limited bbb data is available) is effectiveness against left and right handers, since that's the most commonly cited difference between leggies and offies. The 'wickets taken' alone doesn't quite reveal that fully. The quality of wicket taken could be further considered with the L/R split. But what would be really neat is to look at at number of balls bowled to lefties and righties.

- TS