• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Class domestic Cricket in three/four Countries

SeamUp

International Coach
I was just going through Currie Cup seasons post WWII and I came across Sid Hird. It just makes me a wonder how many there were like this bar the obvious one's off the top of our head and the West Indians who played County and Currie Cup cricket as well as their own domestic league.

Syd Hird. Born in Sydney and died in Bloemfontein. Very odd. Played for NSW, Lancashire, Border & Eastern Province.

Syd Hird | Australia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Murray Goodwin (Leads with 4?)
Neil Johnson
Ken McEwan
Kepler Wessels
Barry Richards
Garfield Sobers
Desmond Haynes
Malcolm Marshall
Sylvester Clarke
Alvin Kallicharran
Eldine Baptiste
Johan Myburgh
Franklyn Stephenson
Joel Garner
Jonathan Trott
Collis King
Vasbert Drakes
Younis Khan
Imran Khan
Sean Ervine
Michael Holding
Ezra Moseley
Richie Richardson
Reon King
Ravi Bopara

Any others ?

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
What about Imran Tahir, he has played for a lot of teams. Did he play first class cricket in Pakistan

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Hick would be 4, assuming what he played in Zim was FC level?

Also played county cricket for Worcestershire, Plunket Shield for ND, Sheffield Shield for Queensland

Edit: looked it up, Zim domestics didn't have first class status at the time. The FC cricket he played in Zim was for the Zim national team v visiting national youth teams etc

Last edited:

AndrewB

Jack Crawford played for Surrey, South Australia and Otago in the 1910s.
Younis Ahmed played for South Australia plus various teams in both Pakistan and England.
Brendan Nash played for Queensland, Jamaica and Kent.

SeamUp

International Coach
What about Imran Tahir, he has played for a lot of teams. Did he play first class cricket in Pakistan
Nice. He is the King isn't he for the amount of Domestic Teams. :D

Made me think of Azhar Mahmood as well. he could even be in the 4/5 category.

Owais Shah defo with three and even more if he played in Bangladesh/Pakistan ?

Immenso

Holding has also played in 4.

Eng, Windies, Aus, NZ

as has Winston Davis, same leagues.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Scott Borthwick (Durham/Surrey) had a spell for Chilaw Marians (2015) and Wellington (2016).