• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fire Gary Stead

Meridio

International Regular
Sign me up.

Have had a busy time of it recently so can't be bothered writing my own essay on Why We Now Suck, and it's been well covered by other posters in the various threads. But basically we're playing (and have been since the WTC final) dumb cricket, and that's something that really annoys me as a fan, because unlike most sports in cricket you have time to think. We're making dumb selections, using dumb tactics, dumb field sets and bowling plans, and that stuff comes from the top down (including our dumb administrators). You could forgive it if we had one bad game post WTC, then got back into good form, but it's been a trend all year, along with general dropping of standards (slip fielding has really dropped off a cliff) and a refusal to acknowledge (externally at least, obviously can't comment as to what it's like inside the team) that anything is going wrong. So yeah, need some fresh blood in the coaching ranks, and a look at captaincy setup as well.