• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finger Spin Megathread

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Aww that's disappointing

Have you thought about taking up coaching/umpiring to stay involved?
Clinical Nephrology and research is much more tempting. Unlike spin bowling that is where I am qualified at.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Finger spinners need to be long limbed, loose, flexible players. Stocky, muscular and rounded fellas (unless you are Herath) cannot do much on unhelpful wickets.

cnerd123

likes this
Finger spinners need to be long limbed, loose, flexible players. Stocky, muscular and rounded fellas (unless you are Herath) cannot do much on unhelpful wickets.
I think the latter body type suits the bent-arm action more. Also I reckon being short is an advantage - you can loop it up much higher above the eye line without sacrificing much pace.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think there's any body type which exclusively suits a particular discipline. You just have to know to work with what you've got. Look at Marshall and O'Reilly.

cnerd123

likes this
Don't think there's any body type which exclusively suits a particular discipline. You just have to know to work with what you've got. Look at Marshall and O'Reilly.
Untrue. Biomechanics matter. Of course the beauty of cricket is that you can find ways to overcome physical limitations, but there is definitely ideal bodytypes to acheiving specific things

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the latter body type suits the bent-arm action more. Also I reckon being short is an advantage - you can loop it up much higher above the eye line without sacrificing much pace.
You lose bounce though, makes you very sweepable