• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally! We have it!!! Solution to drinking water problem!!!

Precambrian

Banned
Finally, urine recycler passes astronauts' test

HOUSTON (AP) — After several days without luck, astronauts finally ran a successful test on equipment that turns urine into drinking water — a necessity for supporting the international space station's crew, which will soon double.
"Not to spoil anything, but I think up here the appropriate words are 'Yippee!'" space station commander Mike Fincke told Mission Control early Tuesday morning, shortly before bedtime.
"There will be dancing later," Mission Control replied.
Astronauts had spent a frustrating five days trying to get the urine processor working. But until early Tuesday, the machine couldn't last the four hours needed for a successful test run.
Another urine processor test was planned later Tuesday, shortly after the seven astronauts on the docked space shuttle Endeavour and the three space station crew members woke up.
Read the full news here
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h1W8dcUP9H70AmlSfDSenPteDT9gD94M06KG1

Woohoo!!! A solution to all drinking problems.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
On Earth, such things have been going on for a while though, no? I know where I live, much of the drinking water is in fact recycled waste.

Precambrian

Banned
On Earth, such things have been going on for a while though, no? I know where I live, much of the drinking water is in fact recycled waste.
I thought recycled water was used primarily for non-human consumption like gardening, washing etc.

This is exciting news. Esp in countries like Bangladesh, India etc where the burgeoning population is putting tremendous pressure on available water.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I thought recycled water was used primarily for non-human consumption like gardening, washing etc.

This is exciting news. Esp in countries like Bangladesh, India etc where the burgeoning population is putting tremendous pressure on available water.
Well, in the US, the water you drink and the water in the toilet and shower is all the same. I think they've been doing that here for two decades or something. And it's actually very good quality. They did a test in my area and the tap water here actually came out to be higher quality than bottled water.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Actually, apparently I am wrong:
Reclaimed water is often used for irrigating golf courses and for industrial cooling systems, but not as drinking water in the United States, said Mark F. Strauss, president and CEO of Applied Water Management, based in Hillsborough.
I was sure we were using recycled water.

Precambrian

Banned
Actually, apparently I am wrong:

I was sure we were using recycled water.
Yeah, that use of recycled water has been in vogue for many years now, and scarcely of any use to millions lacking real water.

This, however is fantastic, I just hope the cost of such plants are not huge.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Call me pretentious, but a truly great wine shouldn't leave you with a urine foam moutasche you can only remove with turpentine.

prize for anyone who picks the reference.