• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Finally Pace is India's ace!!

krkode

State Captain
anilramavarma said:
No way is Nehra and Zaheer as good as Waqar and Wasim in their prime. They have to improve considerably and maintain a very high standard for atleast a decade for such comparisons to have any meaning.
Agreed, but that wasn't the point of this discussion :P

Let me tell you guys what I think. I think Manjrekar was getting at the fact that Khan and Nehra are doing to Indian bowling now, what Akram and Waqar did for Pakistani bowling in their prime. That is, being the compliments to Imran Khan (in this case, Srinath), putting up match winning performances now and then and etc.

He's not comparing the quality of the bowling, he's saying, they remind him of the role that Akram and Waqar played for Pakistan in their prime. It's the relative role they are playing that reminds him of them.

Why, Tendulkar reminds me of Bradman, cuz he's such a dominating batsman. Now he may never be as good as Bradman, but he reminds people of him because he plays that role in the world today for his team.

Personally, I don't think any pair of fast bowling will ever better Akram and Waqar/ Ambrose and Walsh...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
krkode said:
Let me tell you guys what I think. I think Manjrekar was getting at the fact that Khan and Nehra are doing to Indian bowling now, what Akram and Waqar did for Pakistani bowling in their prime. That is, being the compliments to Imran Khan (in this case, Srinath), putting up match winning performances now and then and etc.
Wasim and Waqar in their prime were lethal and didn't JUST complement Imran Khan. IMO, Imran Khan didn't play for very long with them when they HAD reached their prime and when he did play, he was more of a supporting role to them as he was winding down in his career. Also, Waqar and Wasim put up match winning performances alot more often than "now and then".

Why, Tendulkar reminds me of Bradman, cuz he's such a dominating batsman. Now he may never be as good as Bradman, but he reminds people of him because he plays that role in the world today for his team.
Just out of curiousity, have you seen Bradman bat?

Also, please, please, please stop using that annoying :P in every single post!

krkode

State Captain
Wasim and Waqar in their prime were lethal and didn't JUST complement Imran Khan. IMO, Imran Khan didn't play for very long with them when they HAD reached their prime and when he did play, he was more of a supporting role to them as he was winding down in his career. Also, Waqar and Wasim put up match winning performances alot more often than "now and then".
Another deep analyzer of posts.

Maybe I was presumptuous and left myself open for interpretation, but if you JUST read it, without any analyzing whatsoever, you should get it :)

Khan and Nehra remind Manjrekar of Akram and Waqar because they play the role that Wasim and Waqar played in their prime. They are India's primary fast bowlers. It's that simple. Okay, Wasim and Waqar won matches 50% of the time and Khan and Nehra won matches only 20% of the time. SO WHAT! They're still two young, developing, maturing, fast bowlers - Just like Wasim and Waqar at their time.

And they remind Manjrekar of Akram and Waqar, not me. Pick this up with Manjrekar :rolleyes: I only said what I thought Manjrekar was getting at. :P

Just out of curiousity, have you seen Bradman bat?
Yes, I have.

Also, please, please, please stop using that annoying :P in every single post!
Do you know why I use that smiley? Because I can. :P

anzac

International Debutant
whatever the pros & cons of if someone reminds someone else of someone else, you gotta admit they've been doing a helluva job so far this WC.......

I admit I am one who has been pleasantly surprised that they have managed to maintain it as a unit to this point. As I have said I put this down to Srinath's influence / presence & I hope they can maintain it after he goes.

The next question will be can they translate this progress into the longer game.

;)