• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final : India vs Sri Lanka

Jassy

Banned
Have a feeling SL might pull it off especially if they are underestimated. Yuvraj has got to step up; he can't just plod around and waste balls. It doesn't look like he has fully recovered from his illness. Sure he got a score against Aus but Aus were awful in that match. They bowled some absolute filth in that game and a batsman in better form would have scored maybe 15 runs more. There were several god awful balls that Yuvi failed to dispatch, particularly from Starc. He won't get such favours against an attack that you wouldn't back Yuvraj to score too big against.

On form India deserve to win. They have won 5/5 and all of them have been convincing. Given the nature of this format that is a surprise. Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh, Australia, Sourh Africa. Arch rivals, defending champions, hosts, pre tournament favourites and the perennial chokers have all been brushed aside. They have won the toss, lost the toss, batted first, batted second....SL on the other hand have lost to a team that lost to Netherlands, pushed to the brink by SA and rain intervention in what may have been a tight game against WI in the semi(SL were definitely favourites though). All that counts for little tomorrow though, such is the nature of the format.

Lostman

State Captain
Heads up to people in the US.
ESPN2 is showing the game live:-O.
The last 20/20 WC they did show the final but it was not live. Never thought I would see the day, no more watching games on Indian channels with Biriyani, Kebab king and Bharat/Gujurat matrimony commercials.
Can now watch a sporting event interrupted by promos for beer and boner pills just like god intended it to be.

smash84

The Tiger King
India definitely the favorites going into the final. The only time they seem to have been challenged was in the semi-final and that too they pulled off without too much sweat.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian reliability vs Sri Lankan unpredictability? Sri Lanka's consistent big guns are either out of form at the moment or less effective against India, but they have a couple of wildcards while much of the Indian team is experienced and their unit has been pretty consistent lately, very solid throughout the tournament anyway. I feel like this sort of unit is the one to back in a final, but you never know with guys like Kusal Perera, carn SL!

smash84

The Tiger King
Kusal Perera is pretty much the only wildcard that I can see from SL. He has been magnificent in this tournament. Plays so much like Jayasuriya. Who knows, if he fires today then maybe SL might challenge India a bit

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
We have a reserve day.
Indeed but we could still lose time and get a result today right? or is that time made up on the reserve day?

The forecast says it should stop before the match starts anyway I think

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Just cannot get interested for a T20 between Sri Lanka and India, even though it is a World Cup final. It's just the worst possible combination of teams, format and location.

Not a slight on any of the factors individually, but a subcontinental limited overs game between India and Sri Lanka - why does this seem familiar?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just cannot get interested for a T20 between Sri Lanka and India, even though it is a World Cup final. It's just the worst possible combination of teams, format and location.

Not a slight on any of the factors individually, but a subcontinental limited overs game between India and Sri Lanka - why does this seem familiar?
Haha yeah I kind of feel the same in a way. The fact that there isn't really much value in the odds for either team means I can't even just bet on the game to keep myself interested unless I admit to myself it's the only reason I'm betting on it.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Makes the toss all the more interesting as well. wet outfield might mean the bowling might be slightly tougher first up, but there might be a bit of swing available as well. But India do love chasing and the rain might help the spinners grip the ball even more later in the night.