• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final: England v Italy (In London, England)

Who wins

• Eng-er-land

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Catenaccio

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Tikolo

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Italy were caught out early by our system down their left, but they sussed it out and dominated after.
I think that was literally the one time both wing backs got forward at once. When it worked straight away I thought they’d be hammering that tactic all game.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think that was literally the one time both wing backs got forward at once. When it worked straight away I thought they’d be hammering that tactic all game.
When wing backs work is just looks so much more emphatic as well.

Uppercut

Spain the reverse of England really. Looked great at times but only actually won one game in 90 minutes all tournament.
Spain have a strong case given they’ve both just played against the same team and Spain were miles better.

Pothas

Spain have a strong case given they’ve both just played against the same team and Spain were miles better.
Yeah Spain at times looked the best team of the tournament but conceded quite a few goals and missed loads of chances, England were pretty much the opposite.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Italy obv did not convert their dominance strongly enough but the gulf in class between the two sides for most of the game was enormous. England midfield was invisible and Italy could prevent England from getting into actually dangerous attacking positions with extreme ease.

A very deserving winner.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Italy had 66% ball possession apparently which is beyond tiki taka levels isn't it. I'd imagine it'd be a decent chunk higher in the second half.

grecian

Meh don't think if we had won it would have been a travesty. TBF we were better first half and probably near the end, horribly outplayed for a long period though.

Yet this talk of deep woke is hilarious as I have just sat through constant chants about German bombers and sticking your ****ing pasta up your arse.

FTR not offended, just find it so odd that so many in their 20s seem to find this fun. Yet supporting England in all it's forms has always had these problems, and TBH certain parts of Italian support is even worse openly fascist.

The England team and manager seem decent blokes, but let's face it one of the slight consolations of tonight is how a win would have hijacked it for a pro brexit agenda.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good game and actually feel a bit sorry for England. Pretty disgusted that some of their players wouldn't wear their silver medals though. Some England rugby players did the same thing after the 2019 World Cup vs South Africa - terrible attitude and sportsmanship.

Uppercut

Pretty good game and actually feel a bit sorry for England. Pretty disgusted that some of their players wouldn't wear their silver medals though. Some England rugby players did the same thing after the 2019 World Cup vs South Africa - terrible attitude and sportsmanship.
This is a very blow-in take, removing the runners up medal is standard in football.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Man, looking at some visuals of the younger players who missed their penalties sobbing after the match and it's very sad. Wish Italy ****ing ended it at some point when they were dominating in the main game and it did not come down to ending this way with 18 year olds being tasked to take the KO 6th penalty of the game.