• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v India

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not so convinced by the so-called "flawless" batting that India has had in this tournament, particularly in their semi against SL, though of course that could be due to the conditions. I actually think India's bowling is more dangerous. It'll be close, but I feel England ought to win this.
What do you mean particularly in their semi against SL? What did they do wrong?

Swingpanzee

International Regular
They didn't look particularly lethal. Shikhar Dhawan could easily have been caught 3 times. Rohit Sharma was so-so. Only Kohli was pretty good. What I mean is, India's batting hasn't proved that it can withstand a tough English bowling line up. The same goes for England's batsmen though.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
India are clear favourites IMO, the batting depth is there and they have a good balanced attack (minus Ishant), depends on which England team turns up but I don't think India will be particularly troubled.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
James Anderson: I'm desperate to make England history after the misery of 2004 | Mail Online

Good Article by Jimmy.
We’re desperate to win, it will be massive for English cricket and if we can go down in history as the first England team to pull it off then it will make it an even greater achievement.

One-dayers mean as much to me as Tests. My international career began in the England one-day team and for that reason one-day cricket has always been very special to me.

People have asked me if joining England’s 300-wicket club at Test level means more than becoming the leading England wicket-taker in the one-day form, but I honestly can’t separate them.

What I will say is that it used to frustrate me how I could never seem to play well in both forms at the same time. I’d do well in Test matches but then not in the one-dayers, or vice versa, and it is only in the past 18 months that I have finally found consistency in both.
All the one-day cricket haterz can go suck it

Last edited: