• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Films with the best endings.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
For some reason I didn't find the Usual Suspects that shocking at all. I had guessed Spacey was the mastermind almost from the beginning so the ending didn't give me the same feeling.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I honestly got so caught up in the whole thing that I didn't even try to sit there and guess what would happen, like I usually do. I got that lost in the movie, absolutely loved it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I honestly got so caught up in the whole thing that I didn't even try to sit there and guess what would happen, like I usually do. I got that lost in the movie, absolutely loved it.
Unfortunately I was made aware that it had an "epic ending" before I first watched it, which essentially made it a guessing game for me. I still love the movie though; it's definitely one you can watch over and over and keep picking up on little things with.

MW1304

International Captain
Ah no I loved that ending, is easily the best film twist for me. Being someone who is pretty useless at the guessing game anyway probably helped, watching it again there are quite a few telltale signs, but that's part of the fun of watching it back. Its fun to watch with people who haven't seen it before trying to work it out, and ultimately going "Oh ****" when it happens.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone else notice, though, that the ending of The Usual Suspects pretty much negates the whole film?

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and Chazz Palminteri is a god (reckon his Dave Kujan was one of the best things about the film) but, once you start viewing the movie again knowing that Soze apparently just made **** up and start asking questions, well.....

EDIT: To be honest, one of the most amazing parts of the film is how many people turned down roles in it; all three of Deniro, Pacino and Walken turned down the role of Kujan.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The funny thing is I tend to do that. I, for the sake of enjoying movies, tend to not question stuff too much and buy into most of what is presented, even though it's clear there is an oncoming twist. I also hate people who watch movies with you and play that guessing game throughout the movie - just STFU and enjoy it FFS.

With that one, I just thought it was too obvious Spacey was full of ****. I actually think he had a poor performance. If you're going to play a character like that, act more innocent and less like you've got something to hide.

It's one of the few movies I am not with the majority opinion. Can see why Ebert rated it so low and find his criticisms kinda mirroring mine.

Anyone else notice, though, that the ending of The Usual Suspects pretty much negates the whole film?

Don't get me wrong, I loved it and Chazz Palminteri is a god (reckon his Dave Kujan was one of the best things about the film) but, once you start viewing the movie again knowing that Soze apparently just made **** up and start asking questions, well.....

EDIT: To be honest, one of the most amazing parts of the film is how many people turned down roles in it; all three of Deniro, Pacino and Walken turned down the role of Kujan.
Yeah, exactly, to the bolded. Agree that Kujan was the best part of the film.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
With that one, I just thought it was too obvious Spacey was full of ****. I actually think he had a poor performance. If you're going to play a character like that, act more innocent and less like you've got something to hide.
Surely that would've made it even more obvious that it was Spacey. I think he played it really well.

EDIT: What's with the avvie?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Exactly the same with me. I was completely enthralled by it from start to finish and had no idea there was going to be a "twist" at the end.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Surely that would've made it even more obvious that it was Spacey. I think he played it really well.

EDIT: What's with the avvie?
Well, I didn't mean to play it innocent as in he did nothing wrong. I mean more towards his demeanour, where you wouldn't guess he could have that underlying intelligence. He always seemed to be to be a bit more devious than he was letting on in the movie which made me suspect him even more.

Avvie: Larry Bird, GOAT!

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I know who it is, just didn't take you for a Bird/Celts fan.
I'm a huge Bird fan - maybe my favourite sportsperson. Not really a fan of any single team in the NBA even though I go through periods of liking one over another. I just like good basketball.

Last edited: