• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite shot?

What shot do you love seeing someone nail?

• Total voters

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In this latest Aussie vs. West Indies test, I was particularly impressed by a very, very late cut from Brad Haddin (I think) and the pull shot by Chris Gayle late last night, which was appropriately described as "Greenidge-esque". As for one particular shot, I don't have a favourite - just execute your shots with perfect elegance, balance and timing and there you go.

Obviously, my favourite shot is that of the middle stump cartwheeling away towards the fine-leg boundary.
Yasir Hameed was a pretty good exponent of that one. :p

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You remind me of the kid in school who tries so hard to be different that he just ends up looking like a tit :ph34r:
Wait, wanting proper cricket shots along the ground is trying to be different? MCC Coaching manual has now become the sign of a rebel!

The world as we know it has ended.

O my Hornby and my Barlow long ago!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait, wanting proper cricket shots along the ground is trying to be different? MCC Coaching manual has now become the sign of a rebel!

The world as we know it has ended.

O my Hornby and my Barlow long ago!
Think he was referring to the rather peculiar "dead cats" part.
Rather than the dislike of Yuvraj slogging :p

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
The Pull Shot is good but there is nothing more satisfying than hitting the bowler back over his head :)