• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite shot?

What shot do you love seeing someone nail?

• Total voters

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Some of my favourite shots have been Sachin's straight six against Damien Fleming, Kasper and Tom Moody at Sharjah. I had goosebumps when I saw that live on tv. Tony Greig's hysterical commentary is a nice add on too.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Checked on-drive here, like those Sachin plays with a minimum of effort. Some of Yuvraj's shots through midwicket are pretty sumptuous as well. And checked lofted straight drives are also very nice on the eye.

Sir Alex

Banned
I had already stated my penchant for Ponting's front foot pull, Tendulkar's paddle and on drives in another thread. One shot which I think is really unique and perhaps executable only by it's propounder is M S Dhoni's helicopter slog. It is here -> YouTube - Dhoni's Amazing Six It is amazing considering there is hardly any follow through and both timing and brute strength is required to play this shot. He has hit yorkers for sixers using this particular shot.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
IMO Dhoni's 'helicopter is probably the least aesthetically pleasing shot around, just looks completely alien to me.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit gutted, saw this in my New Posts list and thought we would have a good booze discussion. Still, saves me choosing between Jagermeister and Black Sambuca.

Anyway, I guess my favourite shot in the world is KP's flamingo shot
Sambuca for me but am happy with most as long as its not the horrible cheap white Tequila.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Came in fully expecting to vote for cover drive, then I remembered how much I love a good pull shot. (expecting someone to :naughty: that)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mine's not an option. It's the uppercut, obviously. At the very start of Sehwag's 300 against South Africa, he was bowled a short wide one outside off. Deep point was back, so Sehwag lifted his bat and gently nudged it- with the top edge of his bat- over second slip for four. Of those I've seen live, it was the greatest shot I've ever seen.

arcane

Cricket Spectator
Some of my favourite shots have been Sachin's straight six against Damien Fleming, Kasper and Tom Moody at Sharjah. I had goosebumps when I saw that live on tv. Tony Greig's hysterical commentary is a nice add on too.
YouTube - Sachin - Best Six Ever

YouTube - Sachin Six of Caddick

It is very difficult to choose favourites among Sachin's shots buy I just love those two shots. I wish he played them these days. The one he pulled of Caddick is amazing to pull it from way outside off stump.

Hit_Wicket

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Any shot which is aesthetically executed with a minimum of effort.

Some of Ponting's pull shots are salivating. The same can be said for Tendulkar's straight drives, not to mention Lara's generally crisp strokemaking off the front and back foot.

I'm also a sucker for the good old fashioned drive, preferably played all along the carpet.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Drives. Particularly Ponting's, but I love his pulls/hooks too. But drives slapped back past the bowler are the best. Cover drives when the batsmen get down on their back knee look good, I'm still working on learning that myself.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A kitten dies somewhere in the world every time a player hits a six in a Test match. Two when Yuvraj Singh does it.
You remind me of the kid in school who tries so hard to be different that he just ends up looking like a tit :ph34r: