• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Draft - Women's World Cup 2022

ataraxia

International Coach
Cheers. Good performance from my bunch, pleased that the calls I made generally paid off! Barely knew anything about non-Big-3-and-NZ players so learnt a fair bit in the tournament.

Commiserations to the runners up. Teuton picked up many guns but didn't have the bench strength. Himannv (and NZ) were let down by the injury to Down. JOJO went well with his bunch of Windians, and CricAddict ran this very well.

It's interesting that I seemed to know more about the womens' game than most despite not following general cricket for very long at all. Definitely needs more exposure. Needs five-day tests also!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Australia are all set to be a dominant force in this sport, although I don’t think their bowling is as good as their batting.
Probably true, although they had three very good bowlers out with injury here - Vlaeminck (scarily good), Wareham and Molineux.

Himannv

International Coach
Probably true, although they had three very good bowlers out with injury here - Vlaeminck (scarily good), Wareham and Molineux.
Carey must be in the mix as well I suppose. Yeah, having those fit probably gives them a boost although I've only watched Molineux out of that lot.

Just speaking on the ones I've seen in this tournament, they have good bowlers obviously, but I didn't feel they have a GOAT in there to give them extended dominance. I'm only speaking after watching this tournament and not a whole lot else, so I could be completely talking crap here.

I feel I'm not as impressed by McGrath's bowling as I should be. She has a lot of control but I don't see her as this top-tier pace bowler or anything like that although she seems to take wickets.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I don't think McGrath is a great bowler (yet). Reminds me a bit of Shane Watson actually. Keeps it tight, a partnership breaker while having the ability to take big hauls on occasions

Definitely a big talent but a quiet tournament for her. Not that it really mattered a jot!

anil1405

International Captain
McGrath is like the reserve tank for this team. When the team is in trouble she steps in to dig them out batting lower down or by breaking a partnership.

But Australia have been so good that her services were barely needed.

She isn't the main pace bowler of this team like Schutt or Brown and probably has never been.