• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Draft - Women's World Cup 2022

Himannv

International Coach
Lots of points for me, but quite a lot for ataraxia as well. Second place will be hard to chase down I think.

Perry had a poor game on Saturday as well so she’ll need to turn it around to keep me in the top 3.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Dunkley pulling me within sights of avoiding the wooden spoon.

Charlie Dean would have been a good pickup (but she might have been classed as AR?)

Himannv

International Coach
Dunkley pulling me within sights of avoiding the wooden spoon.

Charlie Dean would have been a good pickup (but she might have been classed as AR?)
Picked her up as a spinner.

In fairness, I did think she should have been classed as an AR based on my very limited knowledge of her. She hasn’t batted up the order though, so perhaps spinner is the right classification.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Picked her up as a spinner.

In fairness, I did think she should have been classed as an AR based on my very limited knowledge of her. She hasn’t batted up the order though, so perhaps spinner is the right classification.
She batted nine today so I'd reckon spinner is fine

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Things are taking shape nicely. It's been a good tournament so far (quite unpredictable) and I expect a few surprises as the group stages come to a conclusion next week. Australia and South Africa are looking very good while India really need to life their game. And can England make a late dash for SF place?

Matthews has undoubtedly been the star performer. She looks equally adept with both bat and ball. McGrath (who arrives with a big reputation) has been quiet as she hasn't often been required with the bat or ball, but I'm expecting her to put in a big performance sometime soon

Haynes, Kapp and Mandhana have also looked a class apart through the group phase so far. Dean has also caught my eye as a terrific young talent and Devine is really fun to watch. Sad that NZ are all but effectively out

Himannv

International Coach
Just to add to the above, I’ve been very impressed with Ismail. She’s a good aggressive pace bowler with reasonable control. I’ve found her very entertaining to watch. I’ve enjoyed the pairing with Kapp and I think they’re a top notch duo.

I’ve also liked Fatima Sana - she’s capable of some very fiery spells and there’s a touch of quality in there as well.

She hasn’t exactly set the tournament alight or anything but I also rate Cross and I think she’s a very good bowler.

Wolvaardt has been very consistent and while Kapp seems to get most of the plaudits, I think she’s been the key to the SA batting effort and almost always sets up a good platform for her team (watch how she fails miserably tomorrow now that I’ve jinxed her).

Been very impressed with Omaima Sohail and Kaur with the bat. They’ve been fun to watch despite their different approaches.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah those were only just a few players who've really stood out for me, but I absolutely agree with the others players you've mentioned and your observations. Cross definitely goes under the radar a bit alongside Brunt and Shrubsole who are much more established. She's an excellent stump to stump bowler and super consistent. Ismail is box office! Quick, hostile and very fiery

Great to see such exposure for the women's game, as it can make players overnight sensations and hopefully show them as excellent role models for the next generation of female cricketers

And a word for the spinners. Sophie Ecclestone is a terrific bowler. Her spell against the West Indies was really high quality and she's so economical. Have enjoyed watching a little bit of King and Wellington for Australia and they compliment each other very well. The former is quicker and flatter with excellent control, while the latter flights the ball consistently and spins it big

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Stop the press. Teuton has been displaced from the number one position. By none other than ataraxia.

A strong performance from his captain and vice-captain helps ataraxia move ahead of Teuton while Himannv has his stranglehold on the 3rd position with JOJO and Cricaddict neck to neck for the fourth place.

Also Magrat has now moved up from the last position and closing in on Pup Clarke. L&L awaits a strong performance from his captain at least in the final match to push him forward.

Still 6 more matches to go and so looking forward to it.

PlayerPointsRankActive playersPts/PlayerDifference
Ataraxia3117111283
Teuton3049211277-68
Himannv2552310255-498
JOJOXI2267411206-285
Cricaddict2261511206-6
Pup Clarke2108611192-153
MagratGarlick1913710191-195
L&L1813811165-101

Himannv

International Coach
Happy to maintain third spot I think. The top two will not be catchable with the sort of lead they have.

Quite happy with the contributions from the various players I selected (despite my rather limited knowledge at the time). I expected a bit more from Ghosh and Rowe, but most of the others have either performed to expectations or exceeded them. The injury to Down probably cost me a few points and Khatun played a lot less than expected but I've been fairly happy with the performances so far.

Looking forward to the last few games. This has been a great little tournament so far and I've watched a fair bit of it thanks to my involvement in this draft. Looking forward to a Perry century and 5-fer in the next round!

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Group stage is done and we have Teuton and Ataraxia contending strong for the title, with Himannv as well a darkhorse to grab it at the last moment. West Indies getting into the semis will help Hayley and Teuton while Ataraxia will bank on his vice-captain Lanning to provide the sparks.

Lack of a 11th player slightly biting Himannv while he is on par with the top two on points per player. Elsewhere, we have 5 people contending for the 4th position. L&L`s captain unfortunately failed again but the semis still provide a lease of hope to avoid the wooden spoon.

Ataraxia3427111312
Teuton3237211294-190
Himannv3017310302-221
Cricaddict2663411242-354
Pup Clarke2357511214-307
JOJOXI2343611213-14
MagratGarlick2270711206-73
L&L1961811178-309

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Ecclestone's done brilliantly for me. Only Matthews has more points than her now.

I don't think there'll be many changes to the leaderboard with the last game to go, but it's been a fantastic tournament so far and I'll definitely try to catch the final.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, agreed with HimannV that there might not be many changes to the leaderboard in the final, with the gap being ~200 odd throughout. Nevertheless, looking forward to a great final and an interesting end to our fantasy league.

Ataraxia3731111339
Teuton3557211323-174
Himannv3321310332-237
JOJOXI2932411267-389
Cricaddict2743511249-189
MagratGarlick2545611231-199
Pup Clarke2498711227-47
L&L2047811186-451

ataraxia

International Coach
The random Danni Wyatt century helping my score immensely.

It's a final, never know what's going to happen.

Himannv

International Coach
You'll leave with a depth of knowledge about women's cricket when this draft is done.
This is exactly what hat happened in the end. It’s the first bit of cricket that I’ve enjoyed watching in a long while. Got to know a lot about various players and I managed to watch quite a few of the games as well. There’s been lots to like about Women’s cricket and I hope we get more of this.

I think Australia are all set to be a dominant force in this sport, although I don’t think their bowling is as good as their batting. Lots of other teams impressed as well and it’s been an entertaining ride.

Regarding the leaderboard, I think JOJO made some big strides forward on the back of that Healy knock and Mags seems to have raced up the table as well. Congratulations to ataraxia for winning it!

Himannv

International Coach
Team of the tournament based on points:

01. A. Healy+
02. R. Haynes
03. M. Lanning
04. N. Sciver
05. H. Matthews
06. M. Kapp
07. A. Kerr
08. S. Ecclestone
09. S. Ismail
10. J. Jonassen
11. A. Khaka

Wolvaardt is a bit unlucky to not make it, but Haynes has more points than she does perhaps due to the extra game. Any others who probably deserve to get in here?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
First up, congratulations to @ataraxia on winning the inaugural women's draft in CW. Well deserved!

Teuton at one point looked like he was running away with the title before Ataraxia pounced forward but did well to retain the second place. Congrats to @Teuton and @Himannv too for securing the second and third position.

My heartfelt thanks to everyone who participated in this with so much enthusiasm and as Himannv rightly pointed out, it was almost like a new game for all of us which made it very interesting and we all learned a lot on women's cricket through following the World cup basis the draft.

I had great pleasure in running this fantasy draft and hopefully, this can be the start to a lot more women's drafts here in future. Thanks to @anil1405 who pioneered this idea but unfortunately couldn't participate. Thanks to Teuton too, from whose spreadsheet, I took a lot of help in getting this draft sheet created.

The leaderboard for one final time and congrats once again to ataraxia :)

Ataraxia3885111353
Teuton3625211330-260
Himannv3481310348-145
JOJOXI3452411314-29
Cricaddict3049511277-403
MagratGarlick2812611256-238
Pup Clarke2597711236-215
L&L2048811186-549