• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Draft - Women's World Cup 2022

anil1405

International Captain
With the Women's ODI World Cup starting in a month's time and with interest in Women's cricket on the rise I decided to start a fantasy draft for the ODI World Cup.

I am looking at 6-10 drafters depending on the interest levels with 10 being maximum limit because of 8 participating teams in the World Cup.

The 8 teams will be playing each other once during the group stage followed by semi final and final so each team will be playing a minimum of 7 games.

Points structure would be same as the yearly draft organised by Teuton, i e.

1 run = 1 point
1 wicket = 20 points
1 Catch/run out/stumping = 5 points each

However once the drafters pick their respective teams they can designate a fixed captain who will be earning double the points throughout the tournament.

Drafters should pick a team of 11 players in following combination:

Batters: 4-5 (with a min. of 1 opener)
All-Rounders: 1-2
Wicket Keeper: 1
Bowlers: 3-4

Cricketers with their designated positions will be revealed later here.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
1 anil1405
2 Teuton
3 Cricaddict
4 L&L
5 Himannv
6 Magrat Garlick

A maximum of four spots remaining for anyone else who are interested.

Also I noted that of the teams that have been announced so far, there are an average of 3 ARs per squad so I am increasing the limit of ARs a drafter can pick.

Following should be your team composition:

Batters: 3-5 (with a min. of 1 opener)
All-Rounders: 1-3
Wicket Keeper: 1
Bowlers: 3-4

England, South Africa and West Indies are yet to announce their squads so I'll give it few days or so to see if they announce it before starting the draft.

anil1405

International Captain
England are set to announce their squad on the 9th which means we will be left with just 3 weeks to finish the draft if we begin on 9th.

And hopefully West Indies will also announce their squad by then.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I have devised a slightly revised points system as below and also added your names to the sheet to compute the scores. Below is the link for database of all women players who have played in the last 5 years and also the wiki link of all world cup squads. Once the rest of the squads are announced, we can get it started.

Drafters are requested to take only from the designated positions in the spreadsheet. If the player`s name is not there in the spreadsheet, we can assign an appropriate position.

I will add the player names against your team in the `Teams` tab as and when you pick them.

Runs1
Wickets25
Catch5
Stumpings10
Man of the match30
Man of the Series50

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
We will start the draft on 10th Feb. Hopefully, all squads are announced by then. 6 hour timeouts. I will post the draft rounds once participants are finalized.