• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fake E-mails....

NikhilN

International Regular
I just noticed that in order to use Fantasy cricket you do not need to activate your account. this could become a prob.since people dont need to activate there account people can use fake e-mails to make another team with different players to get there team always on top.I think you guys should make it so every one must activate there account in order to use it

Rich2001

International Captain
When doing this to start with we considered allowing the same user to create as many teams as they wished, however we then decided that one per e-mail addy would be better.

At the end of the day the e-mail you supply is completely for your benifit only it makes no difference to us, we don't use it for anything.

Basically what iam saying is if you decide to supply a fake e-mail then you wont recive your sign in details, if you was to ever forget your sign-in info you wont be able to recover them via the lost password page and you wont recive any informational or news updates sent by us.

We haven't introduced the limit of a team per e-mail to punish or limit you, if you wish to submit 100 teams we are fine with that, it just means you have a lot to remember when checking and modifying them all ;)

However the point is noted and will speak to James later about it :)

Thanks guys,

Richard

James

Cricket Web Owner
All new users must first activate their account.

Thanks for your suggestion sachintendulkar :)

Rich2001

International Captain
halsey said:
Does that mean already signed up users like me have to activate it too?
Nope we have activated all current users accounts as we did it, only user who sign up as of now will need to.