• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fairest Players

Kimbo

International Debutant
Which players do you think play most in the spirit of the game?
I guess there are plenty of players. Dravid comes into my head. I'm trying to think of the guys that are really good players too.

esgallindeion

U19 12th Man
In the current Indian lineup, only two players imo have an extremely superb cricket spirit - Dravid and Tendulkar.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I think in the NZ side Daniel Vettori has a great attitude. Not impressed with the shirt hanging out, noticed this in the current test.

oh dear mark richardson just been bowled... (which has no relevance)

Kimbo

International Debutant
Yeah, Gilchrist I was thinking of as the best of the Aussies. A good role model. Positive, enjoys himself, fit and healthy, great player. Got a lot of time for Gilchrist.

masterblaster

International Captain
In my opinion

India: Dravid, Tendulkar, Srinath, VVS Laxman

Australia: Gilchrist, Ponting (as of late), Damien Fleming (pre-retirement), Steve Waugh (sometimes)

Pakistan: Rashid Latif, Aamir Sohail (pre-retirement)

South Africa: Gary Kirsten, Jacques Kallis

New Zealand: Vettori, Fleming, Richardson, Cairns

Zimbabwe: Andy Flower, Heath Streak, Henry Olonga (pre-retirement)

West Indies: Carl Hooper (pre-retirement), Jimmy Adams (the same), Sherwin Campbell, Shiv Chanderpaul

Sri Lanka: Sanath Jayasuriya, Marvan Atapattu, Hashan Tillekeratne, Mahela Jayawardene

Kenya: Steve Tikolo, Thomas Odoyo, Ravindu Shah

Thats all i can think up of right now

Craig

World Traveller
Except that Rashid Latif got banned for five matches for that claming a catch that wasnt.

masterblaster

International Captain
True mate, very true

I forgot about that one to be completely honest. But in his 15+ year career he's been on of the 'fairer' pakistani's.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
*Is a little annoyed at Sangrah's implicit labelling of all the England side as not being sporting*

Alec Stewart...

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
IMO
Gibbs
Knight
have been very fair but havent been mentioned above

But Gilchrist stands out of the rest!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pretty much ambassadors for the game

Jonty Rhodes
Rahul Dravid
Grant Flower
Javagal Srinath
Hashan Tillekeratne
Tatenda Taibu
Heath Streak
Allan Donald
Gary Kirsten
Courtney Walsh
Alec Stewart
Boeta Dippenaar

Whether they win much or not, id say Zimbabwe are the most sporting team by a long way...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brian Lara has built up a reputation to walk when he knows he is out. Jimmy Adams was always a very well-behaved player. Special note of Jacobs also.

Then there is Courtney Andrew Walsh...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brian Lara has built up a reputation to walk when he knows he is out.
Not just that but he trusts players too. Remember Steve Waugh's catch in 1995? I thought it was out after watching it but if I was out there, there would have been no way I would have walked like he did.

Also, Lara is fair when it comes to catches he takes.

Lara would have to be my pick for the fairest for sure. Gilchrist would be somewhere on par.

Kimbo

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
Pretty much ambassadors for the game

Jonty Rhodes
Rahul Dravid
Grant Flower
Javagal Srinath
Hashan Tillekeratne
Tatenda Taibu
Heath Streak
Allan Donald
Gary Kirsten
Courtney Walsh
Alec Stewart
Boeta Dippenaar

Whether they win much or not, id say Zimbabwe are the most sporting team by a long way...
Well I guess they are used to losing.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sorry Neil Mate!

Completely forgot about England. Ive got a lot of other stuff on my mind.

Sure;

England: Trescothick, Alec Stewart, Mike Atherton, Michael Vaughan, Graham Thorpe, Mark Ramprakash, Darren Gough, and im sure there are many more.

In fact, England is one of the fairest sides in the world, in my book.

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Brian Lara has built up a reputation to walk when he knows he is out. Jimmy Adams was always a very well-behaved player. Special note of Jacobs also.

Then there is Courtney Andrew Walsh...
There was that case with Jacobs in Zimbabwe a few years back when WI toured Zimbabwe and Kenya and it was similar to Latif's 'catch' against Bangladesh.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
from what ive seen yesterday during the game and on the cricket show, Taibu seeems like a pretty nice guy

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Disagree on Ramprakash. Tried claiming what was a blatant failure to carry (I mean, we could see it from 70 yards away in the Radcliffe Road Stand) in the Twenty20 final.

He got some abuse after that.

Last edited: