• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Examine cricket games which occurred on the day you were born

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
After winning the 1983 world cup late evening on 25th June, the Indian team took a day's rest and came back on 27th. I was born on this auspicious day that year.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
Test matches were suspended during most of WWII. This is discrimination. Perhaps I could find one played when I reached my half century.

tony p

First Class Debutant
not a lot of cricket being played in march 1967, was surprised there was any.

Only 2 matches around the world, New Zealand v Australia at Auckland, their second team & the third day of the match between the Leeward Islands and Windward Islands at Plymouth.

It does help if you have the ACS publication, Complete First-Class Match List, Volume 4, 1963-1980/81
Haven't looked up the scores.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Kenya beating India just before I was born is nice to see but in terms of matches that actually took place on my dob - New Zealand beating Sri Lanka by 167 runs in the 1st Test in Colombo. 78 and 174* for Stephen Fleming. 2nd innings 142 for Craig McMillan and best career innings bowling figures in Tests for Kiwi spinner Paul Wiseman. The highlight for me though is Mahela Jayawardene sharing the new ball in the first innings.