• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

European Football 2020-21

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just seen Juventus up to dirty tricks v Napoli - feel sorry for Napoli been told to self-isolate by the local health authority and then the Juventus team 'prepare' for the match and say they are waiting for the away side when by all accounts it was obvious Napoli wouldn't travel - Napoli fans aren't happy either understandably - https://www.skysports.com/football/...orfeit-after-missing-juventus-serie-a-fixture

Noticed there wasn't a forum for European Football more generally when I was looking for one to post this in so thought I would start one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just seen Juventus up to dirty tricks v Napoli - feel sorry for Napoli been told to self-isolate by the local health authority and then the Juventus team 'prepare' for the match and say they are waiting for the away side when by all accounts it was obvious Napoli wouldn't travel - Napoli fans aren't happy either understandably - https://www.skysports.com/football/...orfeit-after-missing-juventus-serie-a-fixture

Noticed there wasn't a forum for European Football more generally when I was looking for one to post this in so thought I would start one.
Usually we just post about European football in the English football thread. No real reason, it just kinda happened that way.

Seems like the local restrictions around Naples contradicted the national policy for football. It's been sucked into the Italian political machinery now so who knows what will happen. Hopefully they just replay the game at some point.

JOJOXI

Usually we just post about European football in the English football thread. No real reason, it just kinda happened that way.

Seems like the local restrictions around Naples contradicted the national policy for football. It's been sucked into the Italian political machinery now so who knows what will happen. Hopefully they just replay the game at some point.
You would hope so, although with reports Napoli weren't going to travel from the day before - and its not like they took this choice on a whim but because health authorities instructed them not to by telling them to stay at home it doesn't really fit well with me you had Juventus hyping this match as if nothing had happened even on matchday. But yeah always going to be a sticky situation for the Italian FA when the rules Serie A have in place go against what the local health authority is telling the team - with both sides in Europe might be a tad tricky getting this match back on - makes me wonder what happens in England if/when multiple teams cannot play, with 46 games in Championship-National League minus cup competitions and 38 PL games+cup competitions, International Football and European commitments if it involves one of last seasons top 6 or Arsenal.

And thanks for clarification - know there was talk about Koeman/Barca but guess a unique case as was also muddled in with Messi to Man City etc and guess UCL/UEL have direct impact on English sides so wasn't sure if this would be out of place there given it has no impact on English sides at all. Will leave this thread up and see if people prefer a dedicated spot for European football or if the reason such a group wasn't up before was that people prefer posting in the one group alone.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have decided Sevilla are going to win the league, pretty much because I just really want it to happen.

JOJOXI

Have decided Sevilla are going to win the league, pretty much because I just really want it to happen.
Along similar lines I was thinking about the chances of Barca finishing 4th this season perhaps. Atletico could easily finish above them if Barca aren't fully at it and Sevilla are a really well-drilled team.

I don't think Sevilla have much of a chance of winning title, as much as I'd love it to happen too but do think they have a good shot at top 3 and whilst I don't think they'll win the league this is as good a chance as any as even Real Madrid have had Cortuois as their man of the match in the last 2 games and basically won the league last season grinding out results. A nice UCL group for them too, as a Chelsea fan I think its tougher for us then others seem to think - mostly because we are so inconsistent - wouldn't be surprised at all if Sevilla won the group and Rennes are a more then decent team - wouldn't be surprised if group wasn't dissimilar to our group last season with Lille, Valencia and Ajax which went right to the wire.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but since Christiano Ronaldo has passed Pele's goal scoring record it seems he now holds the "record".

Guess this means that no-one takes Bican's goal scoring records seriously then? I'm confused as to what constitutes the record tbh.

JOJOXI

Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but since Christiano Ronaldo has passed Pele's goal scoring record it seems he now holds the "record".

Guess this means that no-one takes Bican's goal scoring records seriously then? I'm confused as to what constitutes the record tbh.
From what I read it seems like different sources have different numbers for Bican's goal scoring record but it does seem weird they haven't gone with the FIFA record which is still a few dozen goals away