• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2020 General Discussion

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can we just all agree that Furball should be banned until Scotland next win a game at a major tournament?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When the game went to penalties the camera caught Southgate going up and speaking to Grealish who clearly nodded and gave a thumbs up. Looked for all the world like he was agreeing to take a penalty, which was one of the reasons I was surprised to see Saka step up for penalty five. Maybe he was just asked if he'd be ok to take one if it went to sudden death?
Grealish on twitter confirmed he wanted to take one. This was a Gareth call.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I enjoyed watching Italy and Spain, the semi-final between the two in particular. I don't think you'll find many neutrals who thought we were in any way good to watch or unlucky.

I like this thread though. It started as a piece of nonsense when the tournament was cancelled, but the modified title and ensuing discussion makes it look like I started a sensible thread. :doctor:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think amidst all the noise, the vile abuse and ugly scenes, it's important to reflect and that the reality is this tournament has done more to unite this country than anything else, possibly since Euro 96. Politicians try and talk about it, but they can't unite, it's impossible by virtue of how democracy works. Social media is an uglier place and makes divisions seem starker than they are but the run to the final lifted the country when it really needed it. And sure, Italy needed it too, and most countries did, so there's no divine right to win and the best team took the title so fair's fair. It hurts that we lost, and how we lost, but it's been great these last few weeks. Smiles on faces, excitement.

Now we have to go back to people talking about Covid, and whether we should or shouldn't be in lockdown and wear masks and all that. Real life.

In a few weeks I'll be looking forwards to Division 4 again, probably avoid most of pre-season now because I need a break after an intense league season then the Euros, but football eh? It's the greatest thing in the world

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think amidst all the noise, the vile abuse and ugly scenes, it's important to reflect and that the reality is this tournament has done more to unite this country than anything else, possibly since Euro 96. Politicians try and talk about it, but they can't unite, it's impossible by virtue of how democracy works. Social media is an uglier place and makes divisions seem starker than they are but the run to the final lifted the country when it really needed it. And sure, Italy needed it too, and most countries did, so there's no divine right to win and the best team took the title so fair's fair. It hurts that we lost, and how we lost, but it's been great these last few weeks. Smiles on faces, excitement.

Now we have to go back to people talking about Covid, and whether we should or shouldn't be in lockdown and wear masks and all that. Real life.

In a few weeks I'll be looking forwards to Division 4 again, probably avoid most of pre-season now because I need a break after an intense league season then the Euros, but football eh? It's the greatest thing in the world
Ok

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where does the football hooligan culture in the UK originate from? Quite fascinating that there’s an entire department dedicated to policing football fans.