• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2012 Bookies

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Who's your cash going on then?

I'm sorely tempted to have a punt on France - reckon they're massively under-rated by the bookies.

Will definitely be putting cash on Germany - I suspect with Barcelona's recent form that this will be a tournament too far for Spain. They'll go deep in the tournament but I'm not convinced that their key players will have enough in the tank to get over the line.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea surely Spain can't fluke another tournament after their jam-laden World Cup campaign.

Germany overwhelming favourites for me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Latest winner odds from oddschecker:

Spain 11/4
Germany 7/2
Netherlands 15/2
England 12/1
France 63/5
Italy 141/10
Portugal 20/1
Russia 25/1
Ukraine 53/1
Croatia 61/1
Poland 66/1
Sweden 80/1
Greece 89/1
Czech Republic 96/1
Republic of Ireland 100/1
Denmark 108/1

Even allowing for the patrioric punter England are comically bad value there. Italy look the value to me, but the winner's goona come from the first three.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Someone post the tournament odds, I cbf

Edit - Brumby psychic evidently

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Latest winner odds from oddschecker:

Spain 11/4
Germany 7/2
Netherlands 15/2
England 12/1
France 63/5
Italy 141/10
Portugal 20/1
Russia 25/1
Ukraine 53/1
Croatia 61/1
Poland 66/1
Sweden 80/1
Greece 89/1
Czech Republic 96/1
Republic of Ireland 100/1
Denmark 108/1

Even allowing for the patrioric punter England are comically bad value there. Italy look the value to me, but the winner's goona come from the first three.
Pretty long odds for Republic of Ireland. They are always pretty tough to beat. If I were a gambling man I might be tempted to see what the odds of them qualifying from their group are as Spain and Italy are ****e in the group stages. Croatia are fairly crap.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty long odds for Republic of Ireland. They are always pretty tough to beat. If I were a gambling man I might be tempted to see what the odds of them qualifying from their group are as Spain and Italy are ****e in the group stages. Croatia are fairly crap.
I think the value will be on us getting a result against Spain. We don't have to shoehorn players with actual talent into the infamous anti-Spain strategy- we've been playing that way by default for years. Most of the skillset everyone notices (i.e. what players can do when their team has the ball) is just irrelevant against them anyway, and we invariably raise our game against big names.

The big-man-hoof attack is probably what they're most vulnerable to, too. Not to say Spain aren't massive favourites but it's about as good a strategical match-up as we could possibly have.

Last edited: