• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EPL 2014/15 - Who will make up the Top Four?

Who will finish in the Top Four?

• Arsenal and Man United

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Arsenal and Liverpool

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Arsenal and Tottenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal and Southampton

• Man United and Liverpool

• Man United and Tottenham

• Man United and Southampton

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Liverpool and Tottenham

• Liverpool and Southampton

• Tottenham and Southampton

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
You know I love a good poll, haha.

Making some assumptions here (Chelsea and Man City as locks, Swansea and West Ham too far gone), but I'm loving the close nature of the battle for Champions League qualification.

Place your bet, lads and ladettes.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Considering United's ****ty football with their ****ty fixture list...Arsenal and Liverpool.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Liverpool and Arsenal. Called it a little while back and seen nothing to change my mind since

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Arsenal and Liverpool have been the best two sides in the league since mid December. 2 points isn't a lot for Liverpool to make it, so reckon they'll edge 4th in a tight race. With their current position and their fixtures I'd say Arsenal are almost a lock now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Arsenal and Liverpool have been the best two sides in the league since mid December. 2 points isn't a lot for Liverpool to make it, so reckon they'll edge 4th in a tight race. With their current position and their fixtures I'd say Arsenal are almost a lock now.
Liverpool still have United to go to Anfield which basically means it's in their own hands. Think they'll finish third actually, but then again they have to go to the Emirates so hmmm.

I was widely ridiculed a couple of months ago for even suggesting Liverpool were one of the sides in contention for top four. Good job that I'm not at all vindictive or I'd dig it up. Erm.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gloating is a sign of insecurity, Corrin. It's unbecoming of you.

So, erm, Arsenal and Liverpool. :whistling:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Liverpool's fixture list is that much better than United's, maybe enough to be worth a point or so. But I expect they'll make the top four anyway because right now they're a much better team. Could be tight though. Hoping we jam through.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
United are having a strange season aren't they, haven't really impressed anyone but they are doing enough to keep themselves up there. Don't know if that says that the league is weaker this year than last or they are just underrated because of a combination of last season and general 'aura' not being there in this post-Ferguson era

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah hard to look past Arsenal and Liverpool right now.

Really though I just don't care. Not even a little bit.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well actually that is a lie, I might care if Southampton were actually likely to do it.

Relegation battle is where it is at now, and football outside the Premier League. Could get great finishes in the Championship and La Liga and obviously we have the Champions League.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Liverpool's fixture list is that much better than United's, maybe enough to be worth a point or so. But I expect they'll make the top four anyway because right now they're a much better team. Could be tight though. Hoping we jam through.
I think it's much better really. Even if two teams had identically the same fixtures; I'd rather the tougher matches be spread out than one after another.

United's fixtures until May:

Newcastle (A)
Arsenal (H) (FA Cup)
Tottenham (H)
Liverpool (A)
Villa (H)
Man City (H)
Chelsea (A)
Everton (A)

If you get 10/21 points in the league in that time I think you'd have done well. And I think you'd still be well behind by that point. All fear of jinxing aside; I don't think we'll drop enough points from now until then even against the good sides. We're playing that well. We're the best team in the league since January, undefeated in 11 now.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I always think it must be a source of major embarrassment for players and coaches to have to pose for these crappy tv graphics things.

Look at him there, trying to look all serious and commanding in his polo shirt. Looks like the kind of idiot you'd find in a Yates on a Friday night.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyone know the name of any of those "predict the results and see how the table will finish" things?

cpr

International Coach
I reckon Utd will just scrape in. Were awful by our own standards, but not actually too hideous really, Swansea aside, we've been scraping ugly wins - the stuff that when you are first people laud you for 'knowing how to win ugly' but when you are 4th are signs of weakness. Defence isn't as leaky anymore, and I always fancy us to perform better against bigger teams than the smaller ones - They are more likely to attack and leave space for our players on the break, whereas smaller teams will sit in defence, block us out then hit us on the attack.

cpr

International Coach
Having used that predictor though, I have Arsenal comfortably 3rd and Liverpool 2 points ahead of us in 4th...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Arsenal and Liverpool.

All the momentum's with the Scousers at the moment and Arsenal are easily the 3rd best side in the league.