• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EPL 2014/15 - Who will make up the Top Four?

Who will finish in the Top Four?

• Arsenal and Man United

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Arsenal and Liverpool

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Arsenal and Tottenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arsenal and Southampton

• Man United and Liverpool

• Man United and Tottenham

• Man United and Southampton

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Liverpool and Tottenham

• Liverpool and Southampton

• Tottenham and Southampton

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I just can't believe that a side with Rooney, Falcao, van Persie, Di Maria etc won't make the Top Four.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just can't believe that a side with Rooney, Falcao, van Persie, Di Maria etc won't make the Top Four.
This sums up exactly our problem though. We have big names rather than good players or a functional unit. We recruit based on who had the highest FIFA rating in 2012.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This sums up exactly our problem though. We have big names rather than good players or a functional unit. We recruit based on who had the highest FIFA rating in 2012.
Isn't that what Brentford are doing once they sack their manager? :ph34r:

Uppercut

:laugh: yeah this is what clubs mean by "advanced statistical recruitment techniques". It's just a man in a van playing last year's FIFA in his underwear.

One of the lecturers here did actually scrape the FIFA data for his stats module. You could probably do some interesting stuff with it, but he just ended up getting into arguments with his students about whether Mertesacker is overrated or not.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I admit I sometimes look at a players fifa profile if I've very rarely seen them play. Gives you the basics.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Arsenal and Liverpool.

All the momentum's with the Scousers at the moment and Arsenal are easily the 3rd best side in the league.
Want to challenge you on this. What makes you so sure Arsenal are the 3rd best side in the league? On current form and performances, Liverpool are better. Overall, United have outperformed them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
For some reason actually I thought Arsenal were lower in the table than they are.

Nonetheless. Arsenal aren't 'easily' the 3rd best side in the league are they.

Uppercut

For some reason actually I thought Arsenal were lower in the table than they are.

Nonetheless. Arsenal aren't 'easily' the 3rd best side in the league are they.
Yeah I wouldn't say "easily". Maybe "clearly". I don't think you could really argue that they aren't 3rd best, but it's not by a very big margin.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean for me it depends on the basis.

They're third in the table (which I'll admit I hadn't realised) and if you're shooting from that I'm okay with it.

In terms of form/recent performances (say, last 8-10 games) they're probably the second best.

Across the season as a whole, they've not really been any better than United at winning matches. Or rather, not enough for it to be indisputable at this point.

Final table will bear it out I guess. Arsenal have been similar to United for me, in terms of not being all that impressive in theory but getting the job done often enough.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Want to challenge you on this. What makes you so sure Arsenal are the 3rd best side in the league? On current form and performances, Liverpool are better. Overall, United have outperformed them.
Paper strength. Arsenal (IMO) are clearly (thanks Uppercut) better than Man Utd or Liverpool.

Uppercut

Great, so we're all agreed. The Agueroooo moment is hereby erased from history.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool play Arsenal next week though. Arsenal stacking it is obvs far from out of the question.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
True, and if it was at Anfield you'd think Liverpool had the edge (yesterday notwithstanding) but can't see them beating you lot at the emirates