• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eoin Morgan retirement

When

• Total voters

ImpatientLime

International Regular
greatest english captain of my lifetime and one of the greatest of all time. the change in mindset in limited overs cricket in england under him cannot be understated. his influence has been enormous.

to go from a team and set up that always seemed a generation behind everyone else in playing style to breaking records, competing in knockouts and winning a world up is a monster job.

you would hope that the ECB are fighting tooth and nail to keep him in the set up somewhere.

Chubb

International Regular
It would be nice but obviously naive to think he could go back and do a David Houghton type role for Ireland for a few years.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Root plays in every form for me, if he wants to of course.
not for me. It works perfectly well him not playing t20. Gives him a much needed rest and hopefully allows him to concentrate and maintain his excellent odi and test performances. Likes of Kohli, Smith, Williamson who are still trying to play all 3 formats struggling with fitness/form. It's debeatable whether he is in Englands best t20 side too.

Like Broad and Anderson after 2015. They were probably still in England's best 50 over sides but their test careers benefited from not playing white ball cricket and other bowlers came through.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Morgan physically has looked bad for a while. Unwilling to run quick singles or 2s, and in the outfield looking very stiff in the back. Kinda surprising for someone I thought was known for looking after himself pretty well and isn't that old by modern standards.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
you would hope that the ECB are fighting tooth and nail to keep him in the set up somewhere.
Yeah he's been so integral to the success of the white ball sides these past 7 years the ECB will surely want him to stay on in some capacity. Have to wonder if he'd retired a month or so earlier whether he'd have been given Mott's job.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Everyone breaking the news there's an announcement from Morgan tomorrow, why doesn't he just say something today?

Whither or which, it's been a great career.