• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's XIs

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf I think Curran could be really good value as a pinch-hitter. Strikes a clean ball and very comfortable going over the top. Might suit him well

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with that totally.

Also if Foakes is dropped that means Bairstow will keep which is likely to have an impact on his batting form, which we can't afford.

I'd go with Pope opening which is far from ideal but the least bad option.

My 11 would be
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Brook
Foakes
Robinson
Archer
Leach
Anderson
If it's the only way to keep foakes in the side then afaic they can try any of Pope, bairstow, root or Stokes at no 1.......hell just rotate them until they find the best fit.

Take Crawley out of the equation and the side picks itself now.......just got to accept that we've got to play a makeshift opener imo.