• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's matches have been the most entertaining

England are the most entertaining to watch this WC

• Total voters

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
..from a neutral point of view.

from their first 3 matches:

runs scored: 961
runs conceeded: 959
overs played: 297.4 out of a possible 300
# of centuries: 4
# of fifties: 8
# of five wicket hauls: 1

They are not one sided matches either, Eng vs Ned was the most one sided, which is saying something. There has been 1 win 1 tie and 1 loss so far, but it could easily have been any other combination of results.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, simply because all 3 games have been brilliant to watch for differing reasons. Only side we can say that about so far in the competition. Not all the games have been of the best quality but they have made up for it with excitement.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I need more options. Poll does not cover all the possibilities IMO. :dry:

Jayzamann

International Regular
I was looking forward to the joke choice :(

Pretty hard to argue against this, though. Thoroughly enjoyable stuff when England is involved this time around.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
True, but mainly because they're so bad that even the minnows make close games and can beat them. There's no easy wins.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think we have a horrible (if one's English) or endearing (if one isn't) habit of playing up or down to the level of the oppo, which makes for tight contests.

Great when we get over the line, but agony to watch for a fan.

Jacknife

International Captain
I think we have a horrible (if one's English) or endearing (if one isn't) habit of playing up or down to the level of the oppo, which makes for tight contests.

Great when we get over the line, but agony to watch for a fan.
Spot on, we don't like to do things easy.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
They still lost to a minnow side. This doesn't take away from that. And besides, anyone who is proud of Englands win in this game needs to think about it. Their batting failed miserably and their bowlings inconsistent.

I guess when your sides really in the pits like this you'll take any win you can get though. Even on a minefield.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They still lost to a minnow side. This doesn't take away from that. And besides, anyone who is proud of Englands win in this game needs to think about it. Their batting failed miserably and their bowlings inconsistent.

I guess when your sides really in the pits like this you'll take any win you can get though. Even on a minefield.

Think it's a great time for England cricket myself 20/20 holders, Ashes winners, and coasting to the quarter-finals. If this is the pits, I'm happy in here myself:)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

This post is really bad.

Jacknife

International Captain

Seen as your team got white washed by Bangladesh, I'd have thought that was the pits. If your team beat SA which ever way it came, you wouldn't be happy?

Last edited:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
I'd be happy, but I wouldn't be thinking all the issues are solved. Lets be hoenst here, you lose to a minnow side it takes more than 1 win until you can be confident about your side again.

Bring up the Ashes or T20 all you want. Different forms of the game. I'm obviously talking solely about ODI cricket. Obviosly you wanna dwell on other recent sucess but England in ODI cricket has none.

Jacknife

International Captain
I'd be happy, but I wouldn't be thinking all the issues are solved. Lets be hoenst here, you lose to a minnow side it takes more than 1 win until you can be confident about your side again.

Bring up the Ashes or T20 all you want. Different forms of the game. I'm obviously talking solely about ODI cricket. Obviosly you wanna dwell on other recent sucess but England in ODI cricket has none.
Eh? I haven''t brought up the Ashes or T20 WC. I don't know how you can speak for me or other England fans, I never lost confidence in my side.Also no England fan has ever said all issues are solved, every match is different and they have to put all 100 overs together, but their still in there and there's plenty of time to peak.
As far as one day 50 over cricket goes, the only series we've lost in 18 months is the one after the Ashes, so I don't know what your measure of recent success is, but England have been a good side in one day cricket, for a fair bit. If you measure it by WC wins, nobody can claim to be successful recently, apart from Australia.
Like I said you lot lost a series to a minnow side, in a white wash non the less , so I'd hardly get on England's back, if I were a NZ supporter.

Last edited:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Why bring NZ into this. I'm pretty much a neutral this WC. Just because i'm from NZ it doesn't ean I support the NZ side. :S