• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England XV

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wrong! You said that Balaji is crap and simply cannot be taken seriously.Infact you added Balaji's name in the "overrated bowlers" list just on the basis of 24 balls.
It was in response to the extreme over-praise of him. My humour clearly didn't travel, as it was not a serious post.

Andre

International Regular
Come on guys, there are pleanty of threads that you can discuss Balaji in - can we please keep this to the English World Cup squad.

Cheers,

Andre.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I wondered why my topic had become so popular in the space of 24 hours! Should have guessed!!!! :rolleyes:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178It was in response to the extreme over-praise of him. My humour clearly didn't travel, as it was not a serious post.
Look Marc, they just don't find jokes about India funny...I mean I made a few jokes, some not even including India and he told me the people who find me funny are a bunch of "servile flatterers" or words to that effect. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just realised Chris picked 16.

FWIW I would go:

Trescothick, Vaughan, Knight, Hussain, Blackwell, Flintoff, Stewart, Irani, Hollioake, Giles, Harmison, Anderson, Caddick, Shah, Collingwood.

But that could change next time I select!

Bazza

International 12th Man
Same as me except you've put in Anderson and Harmison instead of White and Hoggard.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Anderson and Harmison must be serious considerations as military medium/wicket-to-wicket type bowling just isn't good enough at ODI Level.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I accept Hoggard is expensive but WHite has an excellent ODI record, and got his maiden 50 against Australia the other day so should deserve to be in the 15 in my opinion.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Forgot about Hoggard, and when you consider his ECO is 4.91, I wouldn't say he's that expensive (especially with an SR of 33.7)

In fact, after 18 games, Wasim Akram had 21 wickets (6 less than Hoggard) - and if you look where he is now, not many people would complain if Hoggy had even half that many wickets.

Originally posted by marc71178
Wrong! You said that Balaji is crap and simply cannot be taken seriously.Infact you added Balaji's name in the "overrated bowlers" list just on the basis of 24 balls.
It was in response to the extreme over-praise of him. My humour clearly didn't travel, as it was not a serious post.
Same here, i was joking too.I guess we can all get away with it like that:lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by Rik
Originally posted by marc71178It was in response to the extreme over-praise of him. My humour clearly didn't travel, as it was not a serious post.
Look Marc, they just don't find jokes about India funny...I mean I made a few jokes, some not even including India and he told me the people who find me funny are a bunch of "servile flatterers" or words to that effect. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Liar, thats what you are. I never cared a damn about your jokes, but the way you tried to paint youself as the best joker in town really put me off.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't try to portray myself as the funniest bloke on here, but I do try to inject a fair helping of humour into my posts.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Originally posted by marc71178
Forgot about Hoggard, and when you consider his ECO is 4.91, I wouldn't say he's that expensive (especially with an SR of 33.7)

In fact, after 18 games, Wasim Akram had 21 wickets (6 less than Hoggard) - and if you look where he is now, not many people would complain if Hoggy had even half that many wickets.
Indeed, although he won't do any better than that because he sure as hell won't play more than half the number of games Wasim has.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Originally posted by vandemataram
Liar, thats what you are
Is there really any need to go around calling each other names? It may just be me but it seems rather immature.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I do joke a lot but I don't try to make myself the forum Joker, I'm me and you can like me or hate me ok? Can we just stop these petty nitpicks please? I have my views, it's the job of the members to decide weather they agree with them or not, not their job to tell me I'm a liar or other stupid things, sorry but I've had it with being critisised by some members, who seem to take things far too seriously.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
There is no harm in cracking a joke, but to expect that others will definately appreciate it and getting after guys who doesn't share your joke is very immature!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Bazzaroodoo said:
I accept Hoggard is expensive but WHite has an excellent ODI record, and got his maiden 50 against Australia the other day so should deserve to be in the 15 in my opinion.
Thst doesn't prove any thing.Ajit probably had more wickets than Hoggard and Akram at the stage you mentioned, and look where Ajit is now!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not sure if that's praising Hoggard or not?

Oh, and I think you quoted the wrong post, quote is now at the bottom of each post, not the top.