• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England vs. Australia, 21st Sept

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
Vaughan makes runs and england win :o wonder what the odds of that one were before tha game
Careful - you are in danger of being mocked, and that's something I said I would avoid.

Be a good Aussie and say 'well played England' then we can all be friends again until next summer.

Incidentally, didn't someone say they'd got twenties against Vaughan being top scorer?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
luckyeddie said:
I think Scally's hibernated.
Yes, we have Vaughan making runs, taking wickets and effecting a cheeky run out.

Ponting the great, not many runs and missed his one run out chance.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yes, we have Vaughan making runs, taking wickets and effecting a cheeky run out.

Ponting the great, not many runs and missed his one run out chance.
It was Vaughan's general captaincy and assessment of situations today which impressed. He invariably got things right, and bowling himself in tandem with the King of Spain was probably the masterstroke.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TendulkarFan said:
And they have been so dominant without anything special from Freddie or Harmison.

I wonder how many people will use this as a chance to say that it's proven that those 2 aren't up to it because they've not succeeded against Aus?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
People seem to forget he bowled 2 overs 0-23, he scored 25 off 2 overs (and was out)so there's not a massive net contribution there.
The difference being that the batting was game-changing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kent said:
After watching the Natwest Series, it almost sickens me that England and the West Indies now have a 2 in 3 chance of winning a major piece of silverware!

Why? Because they've learnt from it and improved their performances?

Or because they've peaked at the right time?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
biased indian said:
one disappionting fact for me today was the crowd at the ground. a stadium which was full of noise when Ind and Pak where playing was half empty when the Aus and Eng were playing :-O :-O

I bet it'd have sold out as a group game - but the vagaries of the groups meant it was far from certain.

I did debate going up, but having just started a new job thought it better not to.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Be a good Aussie and say 'well played England' then we can all be friends again until next summer.

ofcourse well played England and particularly Vaughan and Trescothick :)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
ofcourse well played England and particularly Vaughan and Trescothick :)
Top bloke, Age_master.

<quack> Now get down and give me twenty

Hush, DD. A_M has been very generous

<quack> Ten?

Sehwag309

Banned
marc71178 said:
I imagine you'd have preferred it to be India ;)
I would, but since they are out; who better than England. I support England after India anyways.

I enjoyed this game more than any other one this tournament and the recorded VHS will go in the archive. It would also be the 1st one which doesn't involve India

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations to England on a deserving win !! :notworthy Poor crowds at Edgbaston must be a disappointment!! Can they maintain this momentum into the final ? They may have a chance against the Windies, doubt if they can beat Pak in a final . This England Team is gradually reaching the heights :jump: of the Past quality England Teams of 70's and early80's. :rockon:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Brilliantly played England. Wonderful to see the Aussies beaten, and beaten quite comfortably at that, and Vaughan was absolutely sublime.

FRAZ

International Captain
Yet another prediction of Fraz came true ...
He who is gonna win the toss gonna win the final .
And who is in the final . same as world cup 92 ...........