• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v South Africa (EXPECT A RUN-FEST) at the Magnificent Sharjah Cricket Stadium-- 11/6 (N) Saturday, Match #39, Group 1

loterry1994

International Debutant
now South Africa’s knocked out but I still think they’ve got a good side going forward in the shorter formats and future world cups. Most of them are young and don’t have the scars from a lot of previous icc tournaments. And also the expectation for them to win one isn’t as high as back then

Howe_zat

Audio File
And yeah that will be it. Fine margins on these things like. About a combined four feet from being a pair of sixes and a win. Pretty pleased with England's batting, and the bowling wasn't too bad either, but I recon they lost it in the field (and obviously a great innings from VDD).

Best hat trick ever as I type lol

slippy888

International Captain
now South Africa’s knocked out but I still think they’ve got a good side going forward in the shorter formats and future world cups. Most of them are young and don’t have the scars from a lot of previous icc tournaments. And also the expectation for them to win one isn’t as high as back then

I think AB and Faf are still good enough to play in Australia next year

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RSA and SL are both sides who should not be too disheartened by the results here. They have to fine tune stuff a bit but both sides have got plenty of potential and should be much better contenders next year in Aus.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Australia getting humbled and behind the net run rate against England pretty much helped them in the end. They knew they had to catch up and go ahead back on the net run rate they came out trying to flog Bangladesh and did it in like 5 overs and came out hard against West Indies trying to keep improving it. South Africa were ahead of Australia in NRR halfway in but they just tried to get the win and not improve their NRR much especially in the Bangladesh game where they bowled them for around 80 they should of chased that in 7-8 overs rather than like 14 overs. It sucks for South Africa for sure

loterry1994

International Debutant
England might of lost here but I still think they’re easily the favourites. Mills is still a big loss though with his variety which I think it’s more suitable for these pitches. Guys just relying on quick pace seem to have struggled more in this tournament and gone for more runs guys like Wood, Starc, Rabada. Possible with Roy out could be a massive loss also but their batting line up is absolutely stacked and also two good spinners as well

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Such fine margins. SA could've won that game against AUS and come away with 5 wins. AUS are peaking now but you'd have to say SA were the more consistently competitive team throughout the group stages.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Proud of SA for their performance in this tournament. Ultimately a bad first game with the bat caught up to them,but there a major improvement from their WC 2019 performance.
SA exceeded my expectations in this tournament. Still worried about some of the selections. However the team is starting to feel more like the old gritty SA teams I loved. Now to take it into the Test format.

Bahseph

State Captain
In hindsight if Bavuma plays he has to open. It's an opportunity for him to score some boundaries up front and get his innings going. Him and Reeza in the same team is not a great tactical move.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
In hindsight if Bavuma plays he has to open. It's an opportunity for him to score some boundaries up front and get his innings going. Him and Reeza in the same team is not a great tactical move.
I don't think that is with hindsight... we knew that going in. It is a big issue with the team not having that middle/lower down batter that clears the boundaries from ball one.