• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v New Zealand (SUPER OVER? BOUNDARY COUNTBACK?) at Abu Dhabi, 11-10 Wednesday (N), Semi-final #1

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just finished the match. Not to take anything away from the Kiwis, but piss poor bowling at the end. Wtf was going on with Jordan? My man Livingstone bowled great and was getting some turn too I think. Why was Moeen not bowling?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just finished the match. Not to take anything away from the Kiwis, but piss poor bowling at the end. Wtf was going on with Jordan? My man Livingstone bowled great and was getting some turn too I think. Why was Moeen not bowling?
Apparently the software on the analyst's system crashed and hence the numbers were not put out for Morgan.

I mean, we had someone in the IPL who literally said they want to pass on messages to Morgan this way because he simply forgets things. Just not a fan of captaincy without instincts.

Victor Ian

International Coach
even in a world cup final? That seems silly.
Totally agree. Their ranking system is a third if it only equates head to head. Whoever makes the final should count as a world ranking of 2 or 1 for this particular matchup, otherwise it devalues winning a world cup.

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It was difficult to imagine NZ getting out of this hole and I had almost given up all hope in the 15th over but words can't express my happiness now. Congrats Kiwis.
????
Now to focus on the final. Concerns remain about death bowling by Southee & Neesham but...

Gob

International Coach
Apparently the software on the analyst's system crashed and hence the numbers were not put out for Morgan.

I mean, we had someone in the IPL who literally said they want to pass on messages to Morgan this way because he simply forgets things. Just not a fan of captaincy without instincts.
Can you elaborate this more? This sounds ludicrous

Moss

International Vice-Captain
NZ, more so this generation of players, have been in enough knockout games now that the occasion is less likely to get to them a la South Africa. The opposition attack they’ll face in the final though will be a major step up from England’s, hope they’re ready for it. Santner at 7 means that the middle order probably can’t play with the kind of license they’d like, so they’ve got a lot of responsibility. Thought Conway was really good yesterday in dragging NZ back into the chase.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Jimmy's inconsistent. He was brilliant in the WC final a couple of years ago, but he falls away so heavily in his delivery stride that he's badly prone to losing his radar and dishing up complete crap. I think he's more the kinda bowler who you go to make up an over at the death if one of the frontline bowlers is having a bad day.
I don't think he falls away as much as he did when he first started playing for NZ 2014-2017 era. I'm assuming he's worked on it quite a bit.