• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

tooextracool

International Coach
No, due to over-standard opposition.

ODIs =| domestic-OD cricket.

Had Mustard played them he might well have struggled to get into double-figures.
Its interesting that Ambrose has only had 1 good domestic OD season and so has Mustard in their respective List A careers and yet you have jumped on the Ambrose bandwagon. I know you like Tim Ambrose, but he does not have any more of a case for selection than Mustard.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Champions Trophy Preliminary Squad

Tim Ambrose, James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Stuart Broad, Michael Carberry, Paul Collingwood, Alastair Cook, Andrew Flintoff, Simon Jones, Ed Joyce, Robert Key, Sajid Mahmood, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Phil Mustard, Graham Onions, Monty Panesar, Samit Patel, Darren Pattinson, Kevin Pietersen, Liam Plunkett, Matt Prior, Owais Shah, Ryan Sidebottom, Andrew Strauss, Graeme Swann, James Tredwell, Chris Tremlett, Luke Wright.

Your final 15?
My squad would be:

Tim Ambrose
Ian Bell
Ravi Bopara
Stuart Broad
Paul Collingwood
Alastair Cook
Andrew Flintoff
Simon Jones
Dimitri Mascarenhas
Samit Patel/Ian Trott
Kevin Pietersen
Owais Shah
Ryan Sidebottom
Graeme Swann
Luke Wright

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Its interesting that Ambrose has only had 1 good domestic OD season and so has Mustard in their respective List A careers and yet you have jumped on the Ambrose bandwagon. I know you like Tim Ambrose, but he does not have any more of a case for selection than Mustard.
Not really, no - apart from the fact he's the incumbant.

I simply think Ambrose is fairly obviously a far more skilled batsman than Mustard. Their records are indeed very similar. I'm not as confident about his ODI prowess as I am about his Test prowess, but if he can keep Mustard out of the team, it's all well and good. I simply do not rate Mustard, or Prior, or Geraint Jones, at all. As OD batsmen.