• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England players and selection discussion thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he was Australian he'd probably be serving a 5 year ban from the game.

Plays for England so made captain.

Tells you all you really need to know

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Botham and Flintoff were such excellent captains, after all. This is going to be like watching a prophecy be fulfilled in real time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Botham and Flintoff were such excellent captains, after all. This is going to be like watching a prophecy be fulfilled in real time.
Flawed logic though, right? Just because other all rounders were bad doesn’t mean he will be. The fact he’s more of a partnership breaker (or should be) than frontline bowler might help.

I dunno, jury is out I guess. I don’t know who else we could have picked.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Rumour is that Zak Crawley could be vice captain. I'm not sure he should be anywhere near the side but he's Rob Key's nephew or something, isn't he?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Rumour is that Zak Crawley could be vice captain. I'm not sure he should be anywhere near the side but he's Rob Key's nephew or something, isn't he?
Friend of the family, I think. And Key has been mentoring Crawley for a few years.