• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2020

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Honestly can't see why Morgan didn't go to Stokes for the last over.

Ha, wicket with CurranT's last ball as I type, but the boy's had an absolute paddling today.

Think sometimes Morgs can be a wee bit too welded to plan A.

SeamUp

International Coach
If anybody looks at SA domestic cricket and thinks that the best middle order available for SA is that of van der Dussen, van Biljon and Klaasens is basically nuts. 3 very similar jobbing journeyman, capable of doing a job but not anywhere close to our best talents.
I suppose this is the area of weakness for SA. Are blokes keeping a spot open for AB and Miller, Smuts, Andile seemed first choice v Australia ?

Great start by Georgie.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an epic display of beginner's luck.

England's top order looks a bit crowded with 5 openers.

trundler

So happy for Linde. Still think SA should seriously consider playing him and Maharaj together.
Maharaj's career has been rather quiet since that 9fer in SL reignited hopes of a worthy successor to old Hughie finally being found 6 decades down the line.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England playing Linde like he's the bastard son of Bishen Bedi bowling jagged rocks.

Shamsi is getting some serious turn out there. Love leftie wrist spin, guess its rarity gives it an aura of the exotic.

trundler

England playing Linde like he's the bastard son of Bishen Bedi bowling jagged rocks.

Shamsi is getting some serious turn out there. Love leftie wrist spin, guess its rarity gives it an aura of the exotic.
On the other hand, some classic left arm orthodox squaring up right handers and cramping lefties is good to watch too

SeamUp

International Coach
So happy for Linde. Still think SA should seriously consider playing him and Maharaj together.
I'm just happy he is finally getting his limited overs chance. He was my smokey for the last 50-over CWC but our selectors were never going to be that brave.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I'm just happy he is finally getting his limited overs chance. He was my smokey for the last 50-over CWC but our selectors were never going to be that brave.
He should have played that WC. Maharaj was also bowling well at that stage.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not sure Klaasen will get another at any rate.

His bowling really is out of central casting for part time, round arm, straight break filth, isn't it?

Kudos to Q de K for having a punt though.

Ugh. Speaking of filth, drag down does for Sir Benjamin.

trundler

Hendricks being made to look like a club standard bowler. Bairstow just has all the time in the world against him.