• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England considering diplomatic snub!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
As I see it, pretty well every time I try to reply seriously to anything at all, usually to give my interpretation by way of explanation to some question or other asking 'Why has such and such a person taken this course of action', you chip in with something along the lines of "That's another typical response from Luckyeddie" or "Just what do we expect from you" or "Another typically arrogant blah blah".

Oh well. Whatever flavours your condom.
Are you saying that "I believe the point is that any idiot with a GCSE in logistics could come up with a far more logical sequence of games, and hence the routes between them." is a serious reply ??

A better response would have been suggesting a better sequence rather than the vitriol you came up with just because some poms may have to stay in a motel.

And yes that was a typical eddie response...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
I have been fully informed of the situation. I don't need you mouthing off about how I shouldn't comment on things that I "don't know". The fact of the matter is that Jamshedpur, whether it has hosted many ODIs or not, is still a relatively obscure venue. And I wasn't even focusing on that. Agartala is ridiculously obscure, not to mention out of the way. Admit that India are just trying to throw their weight around with this ridiculous itinerary.
Jamshedpur is an abscure venue ?? Relative to which place ?? Really, You cant get more ridiculous than that and obviously you dont have a clue about the place and you certainly continue your rant. As for your assumptions..well they are as ridiculous as rest of your post.

When India tour England, perhaps they should play their warm-up matches in Diego Garcia and the Falkland Islands.
Yeah then they should be ready to plat @ Nicobar & Lakshdweep..not that Indians are going to complain..

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
Jamshedpur is an abscure venue ?? Relative to which place ?? Really, You cant get more ridiculous than that and obviously you dont have a clue about the place and you certainly continue your rant. As for your assumptions..well they are as ridiculous as rest of your post.

Yeah then they should be ready to plat @ Nicobar & Lakshdweep..not that Indians are going to complain..
For the sake of the community, solve your attitude problem. It's appaling. You only make yourself out to be a jerk and a fool by mouthing off like that.

Jamshedpur is an obscure venue relative to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, etc. And that wasn't even the key point. The biggest issue is Agartala.

C_C

International Captain
Jamshedpur is an obscure venue relative to Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, etc. And that wasn't even the key point. The biggest issue is Agartala.
Agartala - population : 200,000.
England is scheduled to play a warmup match there.

Canterbury- population (2001 est) : 135000
India played there in their tour in 2002.

Your ignorance of Agartala does not diminish its ability to host a match in any shape or form.
And if Agartala is obscure, you should erase that obscurity by educating yourself.

Its interesting that England always have to whine about something or another- if its not about venues and locations, its about accomodation and security. if its not that, then its 'make up charges of cheating and accuse players of that without a shred of evidence' policy.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
C_C said:
Agartala - population : 200,000.
England is scheduled to play a warmup match there.

Canterbury- population (2001 est) : 135000
India played there in their tour in 2002.

Your ignorance of Agartala does not diminish its ability to host a match in any shape or form.
And if Agartala is obscure, you should erase that obscurity by educating yourself.

Its interesting that England always have to whine about something or another- if its not about venues and locations, its about accomodation and security. if its not that, then its 'make up charges of cheating and accuse players of that without a shred of evidence' policy.
Canterbury - miles east of London
Agartala - on the far side of Bangladesh

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
For the sake of the community, solve your attitude problem. It's appaling. You only make yourself out to be a jerk and a fool by mouthing off like that.
Charity begins @ home. Only person who is being a jerk is you because at least I am speaking from experience as I lived in Jamshedpur for 25 years and anyone who has been there can tell you that it is one of the better cities in the eastern part of the Country but who is going to explain that to an ignorant who has no idea what he is talking about and most probably just has an axe to grind.

As If India gets to play all their games in London, dont' they ?? Who will stop you from declaring Kolkata as an obscure city comparing to NYC or even London.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
Canterbury - miles east of London
Agartala - on the far side of Bangladesh
Size of England = 1/10th of the size of India.

50 minutes by flight from Kolkata to Agartala, atleast 3 flights operate daily, atleast a couple 3 star hotels plus couple of lake side resorts and I am sure quite a few Govt guest Houses ...geez must be an obscur place to have daily flights especially in a 3rd world country.

Last edited:

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
What Nonsense, its ridiculous to draw a map like that as if the Poms will get tired of seeing the graph while flying?

Yeah: Freddie to Harmy, "Darn Lad..we go zig-zag again, this is Vertigo
Harmy to Freddie: Shut up, I am home-sick
Freddie to Harmy: Thats ur excuse for everything"

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What-A-Player said:
What Nonsense, its ridiculous to draw a map like that as if the Poms will get tired of seeing the graph while flying?

Yeah: Freddie to Harmy, "Darn Lad..we go zig-zag again, this is Vertigo
Harmy to Freddie: Shut up, I am home-sick
Freddie to Harmy: Thats ur excuse for everything"
Why is it ridiculous to draw a map like that? That's how the tour appears to be planned, which is typical one-upmanship when it comes to international sport. I would suggest England take it on the chin and return the favour when the Indians return to England, but it's not really the same impact is it? It is the oldest trick in the book though, when it comes to sports tours.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Are you saying that "I believe the point is that any idiot with a GCSE in logistics could come up with a far more logical sequence of games, and hence the routes between them." is a serious reply ??

A better response would have been suggesting a better sequence rather than the vitriol you came up with just because some poms may have to stay in a motel.

And yes that was a typical eddie response...
You have totally poisoned this site for me. I used to love signing on, having a bit of banter, now all that happens is that I get angry and end up upsetting other people - that makes the site look bad.

I'm out of the forum now for the benefit of Cricket Web - it's bigger than me and I don't wish to spoil it any more. I'll leave that activity in your more than capable hands.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
You have totally poisoned this site for me. I used to love signing on, having a bit of banter, now all that happens is that I get angry and end up upsetting other people - that makes the site look bad.

I'm out of the forum now for the benefit of Cricket Web - it's bigger than me and I don't wish to spoil it any more. I'll leave that activity in your more than capable hands.
If you wanted a reason to leave...you could have just left without the above and I wouldn't have cared. But now that you have said the above, it leaves me a supreme feeling of guilt that you are leaving because of me which I would never want. I also dont want other forum members to miss out on your company and your posts either.

It's extremely immature and childish to react like that. If you dont like my posts or the tone of my posts..Please, Please hit the IGNORE button. They are there for a reason.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
luckyeddie said:

Eddie, for the benefit of the forum, stay - believe me when I say you bring far more to this place than 90% of other posters combined. Also who else is going to be our resident convict-basher? It just won't be the same.......

This forum is just getting a bit angry at the moment, potentially because of all the trolls who keep appearing to talk about the Eng v Pak series - also because the series in question has involved much controversy. Wait 'till the series is over, then half of them will have either been made to eat their words or got bored.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Eddie you do not make the site bad in any way whatever you do.

And I dont need to speak too much to show how much I respect your posts. I think you know it.

And a forum member who has been quite irritating for quite a few members in the past including the recent past including me cannot be a reason for you to leave.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
ClownSymonds said:

Let me see if I can get this straight:

You would have India play in Diego Garcia because you don't like the venue for ONE game out of twelve!!!!! :confused1

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It is interesting that the Englishmen haven't come up with any responses to the facts posted by CC and Sanz. Most cities in India are developed well enough to handle international tourists. And the BCCI have had the rotation policy for years. It works the same way whether it is Zim, Aus or Eng. And the test venues are the best England could have asked for. Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Nagpur can be covered by a flight of 4 hours (and I mean all three cities). And one of them is the famous "green top". Surely, they shouldn't be complaining about the test venues, right? And the ODI venues aren't as bad as they are made out to be and most teams play in such centres when in India. And the centres aren't bad, BTW. They have international class lodging facilities. Perhaps, the grounds won't be as high tech as some others in India, but it won't be anything unmanageable.

Fusion

Global Moderator
sheerindianspeed said:
Pakistan playing dirty here, they should saty out of England's tour of India, instead they are asking England to play matches in Pakistan :@
England approached Pakistan, not the other way around. It's not like Pakistan is actively campaigning to host warm up matches! Lest you forget, Pakistan toured India without any complaints about the venues (as it should be, because I believe it's the host country's right to schedule the venues according to their policy). Your hatred for anything Pakistan is appaling to me.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
And the BCCI have had the rotation policy for years. It works the same way whether it is Zim, Aus or Eng.
i'm not 100% sure on this but if the rotation policy was applied as in the past, shouldn't Sri Lanka be playing at Ahmedabad and England at Chennai?

viktor

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
i'm not 100% sure on this but if the rotation policy was applied as in the past, shouldn't Sri Lanka be playing at Ahmedabad and England at Chennai?
Do you really know how the rotation policy in India works? If you are going to use material you have read somewhere atleast post a link to it. This, I believe is the source for your claim: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/story/226666.html

Did you post this just to show that there was some wrongdoing in the venue allotment?
Suppose, for the purpose of arguement, that there was.
Could you now explain why you object to Ahmedabad as a venue, as opposed to Chennai? Ahmedabad is a pretty big city; it is the capital of one of the most cash-rich states in India. I can't imagine why it should have a problem accommodating the "hordes" of English visitors that will supposedly descend on India for the series.
Just realized one problem with Ahmedabad: no booze :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Not really, Pakistan were suppsoed to play a test @ Ahmedabad, they refused to play 5 day game but agreed on an ODI. So they probably got docked some points off from their queue.

Ind-Eng Series :-
Eng 1st Test at Chandigarh (1)
Eng 2nd Test at Ahmedabad (2)
Eng 3rd Test at Bangalore (3)

Ind-Zim series in 2001/02 :-
Zim 1st Test at Nagpur (4)
Zim 2nd Test at Delhi (5)

Ind-WI series in 2002/03 :-

WI 1st Test at Mumbai (6)
WI 2nd Test at Chennai (7)
WI 3rd Test at Kolkata (8)

Ind-NZ series in 2003/04 :-

NZ 1st Test at Ahmedabad (2) (Logistics the reason for scheduling before no. 1 although it's in the same series)
NZ 2nd Test at Chandigarh (1)

Ind-Aus Series in 2004/05 :-

Aus 1st Test at Bangalore (3)
Aus 2nd Test at Chennai (7) (Logistics for sequence change & Delhi (5) Stadium Not ready)
Aus 3rd Test at Nagpur (4)
Aus 4th Test at Mumbai (6)

Ind-SA Series in 2004/05 :-
SA 1st Test at Kanpur (9) (Green Park is ready by now, that's why it gets one before any other venue and probably logistics reasons - I am not sure)
SA 2nd Test at Kolkata (8)

Ind-Pal Series in 2004/05 :-

Pak 1st Test at Chandigarh (1)
Pak 2nd Test at Kolkata (8) (Pak refused to play @ Ahmedabad (2) )
Pak 3rd Test at Bangalore (3)

SL three tests at :-

Delhi (5) (Since it is ready now it gets a test before any other venue)
Kanpur (Agreed here it seems out of sequence and Nagpur (4)/Mumbai (6) should have been there, I would assume logistics as Kanpur is 30 minutes by flight from Delhi )
Chennai (7)

Eng three tests at :-

Ahmedabad (2) ( gets its due as it has been in a queue for a while)
Nagpur (4)
Mumbai (6)

------------------------------------------------------------

So the above shows that BCCI has been following the rotation policy pretty fairly and decently at least in tests (I didn't get a chance to look @ ODIs) and with a few exceptions it seems that England have got a fair deal as far as TEST Venues are concerned.

In fact IMO it looks like BCCI has sidetracked a bit lately(for SL series) for some reason but despite that England have still got Mumbai (instead of Chennai). I cant believe they are complaining about the venues.

If it had not sidetracked then most probably SL would have ended up with :-

Delhi (5)
Nagpur(4)
Mumbai (6)

England would have ended up with :-

Ahmedabad (2)
Chennai (7)
Kanpur(9) (Kolkata (8) already got a test in between because Pak refused to play @ 2, hence kolkata got pushed back in the queue)

Not to forget that it would have been worse logistics wise for both SL & England.

PS :- I hope it makes sense to some people, if it doesn't then I am sorry for not doing a better job of explaining because to me it makes sense.