• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England 'A' in the UAE etc

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Not seen a thread about this, the first match was yesterday.

Solanki and Bell hit 50's, Solanki hit 5 sizes but only 2 fours. 228-7 wasn't great but John Lewis bowled 10 overs for 17 and Harrison was also tidy, a bit of a surprise was Shah taking 4-40 and Bell not even bowling. As he is captain it must be his decision but surely he should be getting a bowl in these games. they were 186-9 after 50 overs

Rikki was in supreme form, 2 from 8 balls and then one over for 10 :p

http://live.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/OTHERS/ENG-A_IN_UAE/SCORECARDS/ENG-A_UAE_26FEB2005.html

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chris.hinton said:
I think that James Anderson and Gareth Batty should be on this tour
I don't think it's the right scenario for Anderson to get his rhythm back, better off playing for his County. Batty probably should be there tho.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha, Rikki Clarke, 1 over for 10.. Against the UAE :)

Whats with the England setup and pushing mediocre keepers up to the opening spot?

12th Man

U19 12th Man
chris.hinton said:
I think that James Anderson and Gareth Batty should be on this tour

Yeah, they aren't gonna play any proper cricket till april, so give them some fitness. perhaps not every game, but some

twctopcat

International Regular
Prior seemed to do ok yesterday, i hope he gets the gloves full time at sussex this season, could be a good prospect.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Another fairly easy win in the second game - fifties for Solanki and Prior and a bit of a struggle for Bell.

Decent effort from the seamers and a nightmare for Richard Dawson.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Prior seemed to do ok yesterday, i hope he gets the gloves full time at sussex this season, could be a good prospect.
I rate Tim Ambrose a far better batsman and wicketkeeper than Prior.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Playing UAE is a waste of time really, But hopefully Sri Lanka will prove a better test

Good for the UAE Guys though

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
By the looks of things UAE aren't even up to the standard of a domestic side in a strong nation.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Having seen both bat Prior looks a little better than a slogger and Ambrose looks a very fine strokeplaying batsman.
Both are excellent wicketkeepers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Like I say - about the only thing they've got in common is hte fact that when they score they tend to score quickly.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Just to round up the next two games, a narrow win and a more convincing one. The third match was a one wicket win England passing UAE's 188 with the last pair at the crease. Lewis and Mahmood took 2 wickets each, Prior scored a half century.

Today UAE scored 243 for 5, England scored 245-1 with 8.4 overs to spare, with Solanki scoring 109 and Prior 122*. Lewis was the best bowler.

Its now onto the proper part of the tour in SL, hopefully cricinfo's coverage will be better than it has so far, i cant find any mention of today's game there, had to look on ECB.co.uk. First 4 dayer is on monday, then theres another on 13 march and the triangular tournie with Pakistan A starts on 18 March. Its a shame sky couldn't televise the ODs because i think they'll be interesting.