• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England 'A' in the UAE etc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Or maybe they can select the best prospect of their own players better than someone who's not watched said players?
Of course they can - but equally just because someone's the best prospect of their own players doesn't mean that much.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for England 'A' today, they needed 50 odd off the last 7 overs with Clarke and Gidman at the crease and they managed to get there with an over to spare - Clarke scored 44* from 27 balls. Earlier Bell and Shah scored 50's whilst Lewis was the pick of the bowlers

12th Man

U19 12th Man
superkingdave said:
Good win for England 'A' today, they needed 50 odd off the last 7 overs with Clarke and Gidman at the crease and they managed to get there with an over to spare - Clarke scored 44* from 27 balls. Earlier Bell and Shah scored 50's whilst Lewis was the pick of the bowlers

table after two games:

Pld Pts
1. England 1 5
2. Pakistan 1 5
3. Sri Lanka 2 2

Sri Lanka struggling to qualify

eng v pak on wednesday

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. 79 all out. Superb figures from Yasir Arafat, 6-24 from 9 overs. Solanki, Prior & Bell the only players to make it into double figures.

We managed to take 5 Pakistan "A" wickets in their reply. Good figures from Jon Lewis (2-26 off 10) & Sajid Mahmood (3-34 off 9.2) I guess suggest a seamers' pitch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
PAKMAN said:
good show by pakistan a

so wats this sajid mahmood guy like anyone seen him bowl?
hes ok, had a shocking ODI debut and was dropped straight away, he has reasonable potential similarly to james anderson, although i personally dont believe that he is anywhere near as good.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
dinu23 said:
the pitch wasn't that bad. some of the shots played were pretty poor.
Bell seemed to disagree, in the paper this morning he is quoted

"The ball was going all over the place from the start and it just kept doing it for the whole innings. There were no really bad shots, they were all genuine dismissals, and as a captain i cannot fault anybody - it was just a freakish game"

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka A and Pakistan A after England collasped in their game aganist Pakistan A. Pakistan look really good this tournment, i think there are going to be hard to beat in the final. It was good to see the Lankan bowlers get back into form in the last game. Even though we in the final it seems as if we got their by defult, we really haven't played that well at all.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
OMG Sri Lanka just got rolled by Wasti of all people, after a good start by Vandort (77) and Arnold (71), we just got rolled for 192. Wasti taking 4 wickets, i can't believe it :-O . No one else got into double figures except Prasanna who got 11. Man that is such a crap performance. Hoping our bowlers can get us bad into the game, but the way Pakistan batted thoughout the series i can't see it happen.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
well Pakistan won it in the end..just (4 runs by DL). They were the best team throughout the tournament anyway.

Bandara took 5fer though