• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elegant bowlers

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Jason Gillespie wasn't classically smooth, but in his prime he was magnificent to watch.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never thought I'd put this bloke in the same sentence as "elegant", but Warney had a beautiful run-up (?walk-up) and release

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I copied virtually every action I saw growing up and in the process ****ed up whatever I had of my own. But I always seem to revert to the Danny Morrison model whenever I play today. It feels the most comfortable and I manage to land the ball in the general vicinity with it too.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nuwan Kulasekera.

Benaud had a very smooth action. McGill did not. Have not seen Gupte but Chandra and Bedi were too quick to be elegant leggies.

DravidFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Quicks: Holding, Hadlee, Imran, Waqar, Kapil, Lillee, John Lever, ZK. I used to find Chris Martin’s bowling funny. Sort of like a neighborhood kid who enters a coconut grove and lopes away with the neighbors coconut.

Finger spinners: Bedi was pure, beautiful languid approach to the crease, high arm position, side on look and release and follow through. Nobody comes close. Jim Laker’s clips look good too. In the modern era Swann looked very good.

Wrist spinners: Pictures of Subhash Gupte show a lovely classical action. Warne was excellent, but I thought Stuart MacGill’s action was beautiful.

Last edited: