• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Elegant bowlers

Flem274*

123/5
on real bowlers, love me some steyn, pattinson, hazelwood, booomraahhh, anderson, shami, the jacket, boult, bond, ferguson, henry and wagner

granted some of those guys aren't classically aesthetic, but they've all got something enjoyable about them. something extra.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
on real bowlers, love me some steyn, pattinson, hazelwood, booomraahhh, anderson, shami, the jacket, boult, bond, ferguson, henry and wagner

granted some of those guys aren't classically aesthetic, but they've all got something enjoyable about them. something extra.
I dunno, elegant doesn't always mean energetic and exciting. Ferguson, for example is the latter two, but it's really hard to describe anything about his bowling as elegant.

Flem274*

123/5
I dunno, elegant doesn't always mean energetic and exciting. Ferguson, for example is the latter two, but it's really hard to describe anything about his bowling as elegant.
it's not classically so, so i acknowledged that, but i've always found some of the listed bowlers elegant in their own weird way. it's mostly me just ignoring the definition of the thread probably.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Holding, Dennis Lillee, Richard Hadlee
These guys are pretty hard to go past. Steyn too, and for a leftie, Starc has a real smooth action.

Larwood and Lindwall (in before Fred). Classical actions

Last edited:

vcs

Rabada out of the current crop is a joy to watch aesthetically. Cranks it up with seemingly minimal effort. Holding and Bond, historically.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McDonald, Larwood, Lindwall, Trueman, McKenzie. Smooth, side-on, straight front arm and unhurried.

Burgey

Rabada out of the current crop is a joy to watch aesthetically. Cranks it up with seemingly minimal effort. Holding and Bond, historically.
Archer as well. Seems to generate pace with minimal effort. Then again, could be the speed guns, after all they had Mark Wood at 155kph which is plainly bull****.

Burgey

Before getting into the big names, I want to mention I always enjoyed watching Rana Naved-ul-Hasan bowl.
What happened to him? Had a couple of good years in the BBL our here a while back.

In the same vein, RP Singh had a pleasant action

MrPrez

International Debutant
Shaun Pollock
Glen McGrath
Richard Hadlee
James Anderson
Curly Ambrose

And then a left-field one: Nicky Boje. Garbage bowler but it looked damn pretty imo.

trundler

Archer copped a thrashing in some games in the middle of the tournament. Did not look 90 miles per hour at that stage at least. They definitely tinker with it. He can be freakishly quick though.

Always liked Waqar's action too.

Burgey

Donald an excellent shout.

Craig McDermott had a good action, probably not elegant but nice and side on. Tony Dodemaide’s was pretty classical, but his outcomes were terrible.