• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Effigies burnt of Pakistani players

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Originally Posted by anoop4real View Post
I dont agree with you. Indians wont do such things ( dont know when the situation is against Pakistan) , you should think about the early exit of the Indians from the World cup...but nothing happened....no riots anything......Indians take things with the sportsman spirit...........this time I might have happened as I mentioned earlier that agaist Pakistan its unpredictable......one more reason for that is the History that India has never lost to Paks in a world cup........
Not Just Dhoni's house, after the early worldcup exit i also read that Dravid's house was also attacked. I seriously don't know where you getting this information that Indian players don't get this treatment. Like R_D said it in his earlier posts, it just happens in sub continent.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Not Just Dhoni's house, after the early worldcup exit i also read that Dravid's house was also attacked. I seriously don't know where you getting this information that Indian players don't get this treatment. Like R_D said it in his earlier posts, it just happens in sub continent.
Absolutely.

If that shot of Misbah hand ended in four instead of in Sreesanth's hands, Joginder Sharma would have joined another Sharma, Chetan, as a villain-for-all-seasons and many houses would have needed repairs :dry:

Completely insane cricket fans is one of the many things we have in common with out Pakistani neighbours. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Exactly right. Its just moronic that people burn effigies of anyone over something as small as sport. Idiots.
I agree (though 'small' is not applicable here)

But then you might as well ask, how amazingly stupid that you could kill complete strangers, innocent stangers, for something as personal as religion :dry:

Its pretty shameful that these people burnt the effigies but a lot of Pakistanis went to airports to recieve & congratulate the players on reaching.

Last edited: