• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ECB presents 100-ball domestic game for men and women

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Also, if they are so tied to the idea of a clock, why don't they just stick to twenty20 and have a 120 clock? ''The Hundred and Twenty''. It would be a gimmick laden exercise that would still retain the twenty20 format.

greg

International Debutant
I still remain utterly mystified as to why “abolishing” runrates (per over) and replacing with “x runs in y balls” is supposed to make things “simpler”. Runs per over is the perfect “simple” way of breaking down the progress of a team in a manageable way. If you require x runs per over and you score fewer than that then you haven’t kept up with the rate. Score more and you are ahead. Simple!

Where as with a runs per balls formula it is very difficult the work out how a team is doing, and in fact only makes any sense if par is always 1 run per ball. But that’s obviously nonsense in short forms of the game. People will just end up having to do mental calculations in their head, that was previously provided to them.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, none of us understand this. Not even the people coming up with it. We'll probably break some new ground in epistemology before this is over.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I still remain utterly mystified as to why “abolishing” runrates (per over) and replacing with “x runs in y balls” is supposed to make things “simpler”.
Well presumably it's because there are different lengths of overs in this game. Like the last "over" is a 10 ball over IIRC? So "runs per over" potentially wouldn't make sense to use.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
i love the heat they're getting for all the crisp sponsors on the team shirts

where was this unhappiness when sky bombarded us with non stop gambling and chicken shop adverts during the world cup?

Uppercut

Hear me out. It's cricket, but it's over more quickly, and everyone has to play dressed up as confectionery.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I want a tournament between every T20 franchise in the world, from every country, where the competition a knockout of one super over each. it becomes a traveling circus around the world like the equally meaningless rugby sevens - about 120 matches over each weekend. The round games are played where the first innings of two matches is played, followed by the second innings of the same two matches. That way there's very little delay between innings - teams just run on and off.

The kicker is that in each match of the competition up until the last eight, the teams have to rotate their batting order. If you faced one ball of the previous match, you cant' bat in the next one.

It's really stupid and meaningless. Which means it'll be a big hit and is the way forward.
Wait, didn't we used to have a T20 tournament involving all the domestic champion teams? What happened to that?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was a bit farcical with IPL getting priority over players from multiple clubs too wasn't it?

Bijed

International Regular

Hear me out. It's cricket, but it's over more quickly, and everyone has to play dressed up as confectionery.
Haha, the KP shirt made me automatically assume it was Pietersen wearing it until I actually bothered to look at the picture properly

morgieb

Was a bit farcical with IPL getting priority over players from multiple clubs too wasn't it?
Yeah the Champions League was basically just another way of the IPL showing it's muscle/fake superiority.

Shows how great of a state NSW is that it won two CL's in a competition rigged for maximum success for IPL teams.