• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Early 90s Autographs, mostly long forgotten RSA provincial players!

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I found some pages cleaning up stuff at my parents' house... Acquired when I was fairly young at various games... There were more pages; still trying to find them all..
sigs1.jpg

ESPN Profiles (you might need them!):
Wait, Clayton Wait | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
Amm, Philip Amm | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
Schultz, Brett Schultz | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
Craig Venter??? Anyone??? I only remember a Martin (a running joke, if you followed EP cricket in the 90's!)
Jack, like Schultz a tragically short international career wrecked by injuries... Steven Jack | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
Handman, Mark Handman | South Africa Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig Venter?

Wasn't he the guy who became famous for sequencing the human genome?

Was he also playing a bit of cricket for SA as a hobby?

SeamUp

International Coach
WP-guy but remember as a kid saying EP jumbos was my 2nd team because I was born there.

Some great domestic years these.

EP : Amm, Wessels, Rushmere, Callaghan, Swinger Richardson, Shaw, Schultz, Pringle - before the inevitable and WP got their hands on the last 2

Eric Simons & Craig Matthews were starting to take over from Le Roux and Jefferies at WP but without the pace.

Remember Kosie Venter at FS more mid to late 90s. Remember the Aussies playing him and Healy joking Warne should put a Mars bar on a length (rather hefty fella) to get him out the crease :laugh:

Last edited:

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Remember Kosie Venter at FS more mid to late 90s. Remember the Aussies playing him and Healy joking Warne should put a Mars bar on a length (rather hefty fella) to get him out the crease :laugh:
A bit like Mike "If it had been a cheese roll it would never have got past him" Gatting.