• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duminy retires from Tests

Howe_zat

Audio File
JP hit three matchwinning tons against Australia and averaged 44, he also hit none against England and averaged 24. All things considered he played more or less perfectly.

SeamUp

International Coach
This had been bubbling. mentioned it on another thread yesterday.

Been a disappointment because I think he could have done better but I suppose ultimately your defensive technique may not be good enough for elite level just like a Jacques Rudolph for example.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Ravi Bopara of South Africa. Played so many more games than he should and failed far too often. He won't be missed, will make them a better side actually.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It might be a good decision for SA ODI team for 2019. If he gives his full time and attention to ODIs now he can become the no. 4 batsman and 6th bowler that the team is looking for. As of now, no. 4 is the weak point in that side.

QDK
Amla
Faf
-
AB
Miller
Morris
Phehlukwayo/Pretorius/Parnell
Rabada
Morkel
Tahir

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never could understand why people didn't rate him, given that every time I saw him play he smashed us around everywhere
This.

I think in some ways though he was a lesser version of Warner. He loved the bouncy pitches of Australia and South Africa and wasn't as good elsewhere. Or something. I don't really follow South Africa outside their series' with Australia.

SillyCowCorner1

It's like taking a divorce from a very elegant and sometimes sophisticated partner. The genuineness of that partnership is something that not much can handle.

Apply this to all those fairly young cricketers who are deciding to quit the highest level of the game. Work on your game, buddy. Be a Shai Hope of the game.

SeamUp

International Coach
IMO it was as much mental as anything.

His technique isn't perfect but it isn't one filled with flaws. The arbitrary thing is that in various stages of his career a weakness just popped up for a periods like off-spinner LBW, off-spinner caught at slip, short-ball against the quicks. When that happens it is difficult to build consistency.

Then he had the ability to score pretty runs. That is what keeps you around a bit longer sometimes when it really shouldn't.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah its funny. Whenever I saw him he was making a million. Then I'd go on cricket chat and read posters saying that he should be dropped form the side. I wished ...

Daemon

this proves australians only watch their own cricket and we should never take their opinions seriously