• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Drains or spoons?

trundler

Hall of Fame Member
Matric is grade 9th and 10th. Followed by 2 years of intermediate education and then university. I'm not kidding, that's an actual textbook. Even if they have updated them, most teachers would still teach along the lines of "evolution stupid, god made everything"

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I mean I know I joke about the subcontinent being full of countries made up of uncivilised, mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, hicks but jeez

Lillian Thomson

International Coach
If I was to unearth a text book of my primary school days it would say that a Supreme Being created the Earth in six days and took Sunday off.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India are also getting there under BJP though, another twenty years and our textbooks might look similar. :(

This ****er just got appointed as HRD minister.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramesh_Pokhriyal

In 2014, Pokhriyal caused a controversy when he made a statement in the parliament claiming that astrology should be promoted. He said "Astrology is the biggest science. It is in fact above science. We should promote it". Talking about Lord Ganesha, he said that ancient Indians had the knowledge to transplant a severed head.[11] He has also claimed that Sage Kanada had conducted a nuclear test lakhs of years ago (even though according to historical evidence, the sage is likely to have lived only about two thousand years ago).[12][13]
We're ****ed with leaders like this. :(

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You got lucky with Nehru.
I dunno, man. The narrative we're getting from the right wing these days is that all the history we learned in school was wrong, and that Nehru and Gandhi were massive, self-serving frauds.