• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft League Reserves Voting Thread- second go

Which two teams are best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Please vote for the two teams you think best meet the rules as stated. Sorry about the initial stuff up!

Reverse Batting Order Draft

The idea of this draft is that your round 1 pick has to bat below your round 2 pick who has to bat below your third round pick who has to bat below your round 4 pick etc etc.

Here are the actual rules

1. 12 round draft, reverse snake format with the order changing every two rounds.
2. Your first 11 picks have to follow the idea laid outr above aka. the round 1 pick has to bat lower than the round 2 pick who has to bat lower than the round 3 pick and so on and so forth
3. The round 12 pick is a wildcard pick who can bat anywhere in the batting line up, however the 10 (or all 11 if your 12th round pick is 12th man) have to meet the specifications mentioned above.
4. Anyone can be made 12th man
5. Bradman is available for selection
6. You can pick players in any round you see fit (i.e. the batting order does not have to be the same as it would be if your sides batting order had no restrictions)

Camo999
Bill Lawry
WG Grace
Richie Richardson
Rahul Dravid
Victor Trumper
Steve Waugh
Garry Sobers
Allan Knott +
Jim Laker
Dennis Lillee
SF Barnes
Learie Constantine (12th)

8ankitj
Bob Simpson
Barry Richards
Sunil Gavaskar
Ken Barrington
Brian Lara
Kumar Sangakkara +
Ian Botham
Clarrie Grimmet
Alan Davidson
Neil Adcock
Muttiah Muralitharan
12th Man: Chris Cairns

rvd19323
Archie Jackson
Herbert Sutcliffe
Stan McCabe [7]
Sir Everton Weekes
Sir Frank Worrell (c) [6]
The Hon. F.S. Jackson [5]
Sir Clyde Walcott (+)
Mike Procter [1]
Maurice Tate [3]
Joel Garner [2]
Bill O'Reilly [4]
12th- Monty Noble

Charter 77 Final XI (Michaelf7777777)
Arthur Morris
Gordon Greenidge
Ian Chappell
George Headley
Wilfred Rhodes
Jack Gregory
Don Bradman
Aubrey Faulkner
Denis Lindsay (+)
Imran Khan (*)
Richard Hadlee
12th Man- Vinoo Mankad

Dies Irae XI (Agent TBY)
Matthew Hayden
Geoff Boycott
Len Hutton
Denis Compton
Graeme Pollock
Viv Richards*
Kapil Dev (3)
Ian Healy+
Ray Lindwall (1)
Wasim Akram (2)
Shane Warne (4)
12th man: Trevor Goddard

Marcuss
Graham Gooch
Jack Hobbs
Charlie Macartney
Ricky Ponting
Allan Border*
Wally Hammond
Les Ames +
Shaun Pollock
Hedley Verity
Michael Holding
Malcolm Marshall
12th Man- Merchant

Cabinet96
Graeme Smith*
Bruce Mitchell
Neil Harvey
Kevin Pietersen
Javed Miandad
Andy Flower +
Jacques Kallis
Keith Miller
John Briggs
Allan Donald
Glenn McGrath

morgieb
Virender Sehwag
Bill Ponsford
Mahela Jayawardene
Dudley Nourse
Greg Chappell
Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Richie Benaud
Waqar Younis
Fred Trueman
Curtly Ambrose
12th man- Eddie Barlow

Players may add a write up if they wish. Vote for two teams. Poll to close Thursday (5 days).

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I was sure about TBY but confused between Marcuss and Micheal. Shame nobody voted for Micheal's XI hence went with it.

So thats TBY and Micheal!

watson

Banned
Michael's XI is an interesting one. Here is a more conventional batting order;

01. Arthur Morris
02. Gordon Greenidge
03. Don Bradman
04. George Headley
05. Ian Chappell
06. Aubrey Faulkner
07. Denis Lindsay (+)
08. Imran Khan (*)
09. Jack Gregory
10. Richard Hadlee
11. Wilfred Rhodes

Transformed??

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
The thing about Michael's side is that even tough Bradman is batting at 7, the batting depth is so good that he'll be able to put up plenty of big scores.

That being said all the teams are very strong and very hard to split. Will put of my vote a little longer

Jager

International Debutant
Michael's XI is an interesting one. Here is a more conventional batting order;

01. Arthur Morris
02. Gordon Greenidge
03. Don Bradman
04. George Headley
05. Ian Chappell
06. Aubrey Faulkner
07. Denis Lindsay (+)
08. Imran Khan (*)
09. Jack Gregory
10. Richard Hadlee
11. Wilfred Rhodes

Transformed??
Unfortunately they didn't have the luxury of switching things around, so I couldn't vote for Michael on the basis that his side didn't really fit the concept behind the draft.

How many days is the voting open for, Monk?

Oh and Blakus, the sooner you vote the better tbh

Eds

International Debutant
Unfortunately they didn't have the luxury of switching things around, so I couldn't vote for Michael on the basis that his side didn't really fit the concept behind the draft.
Surely you just vote for the two best teams...?

Jager

International Debutant
Surely you just vote for the two best teams...?
If I am helping choose the winner, I'd rather the person who drafted better come up into the Draft League, instead of the person who got the best players - that being said there's hardly anything to separate the players regardless since there were no clauses etc

Eds

International Debutant
If I am helping choose the winner, I'd rather the person who drafted better come up into the Draft League, instead of the person who got the best players - that being said there's hardly anything to separate the players regardless since there were no clauses etc
At the end of the day the concept isn't to draft a good batting order, it's to draft the best team. And Michael managed to do that with his innovative idea of having Bradman low down but with four world-class bowlers below him who can all throw the bat (his 8-11 alone average over 100).

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*innovative idea of generating the draft order himself... honestly, somebody find me a draft Michael's run with Bradman available that he hasn't ended up with Bradman.

Jarquis

Not that I'm assed. Would still vote for my own over his anyway... and Dan's too, although I see the appeal of the 3Ws and O'Reilly/Garner

Eds

International Debutant
Good move to tactically not vote again. Might just give you a chance.

Jarquis

I can't, off the top of my head, remember voting in a draft I've participated in. Besides when it was stated in the rules that it was compulsory to do so because the winner was being decided by the draftees only. It's not tactical, its personal preference.

watson

Banned
I can't, off the top of my head, remember voting in a draft I've participated in. Besides when it was stated in the rules that it was compulsory to do so because the winner was being decided by the draftees only. It's not tactical, its personal preference.
That personal preference is OK as long as none of the other participants in the Draft vote for your team.

Potentially they could be shooting themselves in the foot should your team happen to beat their team by 1 vote and they unfortunately voted for your team.

In the future I would encourage none of your fellow particpants to vote for your team if you are not voting. That's only fair.

Jarquis

Well id encourage fellow draftees not to vote at all and let those not involved choose the winner.

watson

Banned
Well id encourage fellow draftees not to vote at all and let those not involved choose the winner.
That's not within the spirit of the game.

Besides, not a lot of non-participants vote as a general rule, and so there wouldn't be enough votes to a get a meaningful tally. It would end up looking like a soccer score which is silly.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
That's not within the spirit of the game.

Besides, not a lot of non-participants vote as a general rule, and so there wouldn't be enough votes to a get a meaningful tally. It would end up looking like a soccer score which is silly.
Actually, I'd argue it is more within the spirit of the game.

Draft participants could be more inclined to vote tactically - for example, it would have been in my interest to vote for, say, Camo and Ankit (two of the teams with lesser votes), so as to not risk pushing a more popular team above my score.

watson

Banned
Actually, I'd argue it is more within the spirit of the game.

Draft participants could be more inclined to vote tactically - for example, it would have been in my interest to vote for, say, Camo and Ankit (two of the teams with lesser votes), so as to not risk pushing a more popular team above my score.

The whole point is to have fun and play within the spirit of the game as the same time. And from what I've seen the vast majority of people practice that ethos at Cricketweb.

Therefore, I don't think that we should compromise our values just because some sad lonely loser decides that their self worth resides in winning a Draft comp at any cost.

Let's not be overly cynical here. Life is too short.