• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Idea - Feedback Appreciated

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If person X has already picked for me, he doesn't threaten me. So I will pick a crap player for him.

Going a step back, person X will know who he picks for me will not influence me when it comes to my turn to pick for him. So X will also pick a crap player for me. Irrespective of what others do, it is in my (everyone's) interest to pick crap players for others.

#PrisonsersDilemma
I am going to make everyone have magical teams by picking only All Time Greats that suit their team perfectly, so yeah that is my plan because at the end of the day I just want everyone to have a good team.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Absolutely agree, I may pick someone you don't fully agree with, but I'll be picking the best player I can.
My mind may change after being ****ed around for a few picks though

G.I.Joe

International Coach
If person X has already picked for me, he doesn't threaten me. So I will pick a crap player for him.

Going a step back, person X will know who he picks for me will not influence me when it comes to my turn to pick for him. So X will also pick a crap player for me. Irrespective of what others do, it is in my (everyone's) interest to pick crap players for others.

#PrisonsersDilemma
I am going to make everyone have magical teams by picking only All Time Greats that suit their team perfectly, so yeah that is my plan because at the end of the day I just want everyone to have a good team.

The argument for religion vs trusting people to have a personal moral code right here folks.

Ankitj making the stronger argument as of now.

watson

Banned

#PrisonsersDilemma
Not if everyone secretly emails their pick to MM within a 24 hour time period, who then reveals all the picks for the round at once.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
OK, so after a bit of discussion and debate, these are the ground rules I'm going to (tentatively) lay down:

• Each Round will be designated a particular kind of player: batsman (x6), wicket-keeper (x1), spin bowler (x1), fast bowler (x2), Wildcard (x1) (can be whatever you want - another batsman, another seamer/spinner etc. This will be the last round)
  • Whilst it might be more fun to do e-mails, I'm personally against them as I think it clogs up the draft and takes too long. If people want the e-mails, however, I'll have that.
  • PMs between players will be allowed - makes it interesting and secretive
  • I agree with Howe, so there's a minimum of 20 tests for a player to be eligible
  • Don is illegible for the personal round, but is OK from Round 2 onwards
  • The order for the next round will be revealed after the last pick of the previous round has been made

If anyone has any problems, bring them up and we'll try and sort them out.

Players so far (a couple of people have commented but haven't signed-up, so if you would like to, please do):

WalkingWicket
KingKallis
AgentTBY
Howe_Zat
Red Hill
Schearzie
AndyZaltzHair
Morgieb
NUFAN

Two more slots.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
After many, many attempts from the regulars WW has finally stumbled upon a unique and interesting draft idea

We need new blood more often in these things

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I am in.

I will avoid prisoner's dilemma effect because, well, there is no real money involved here.