• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Domestic cricket goes live on FOX SPORTS

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
problem is the ammount of space Pura cup would take up in the programing. With Fox footy channel being cut and replaced with Fox Sports 3 next year i think there might be some room during the summer, but to show Pura Cup matches every week from 10-6 is a fair chunk of on air time...
Fox cricket channel? Why not!!

Hoggy31

International Captain
Keeping Fox Footy would've been good, non-stop footy during winter and non-stop cricket during summer. Would've worked out beautifully.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mavric41 said:
Fox cricket channel? Why not!!
haha if only, ive heard that fox Sports 3 is likely to be all football though, but all the codes, so cricket can dominate FS2 if it likes, just have all the other sports like Golf, Gymnastics, Tennis etc... on 1, i dont mind :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
With Fox & Sky both being part of Murdoch's plan for world domination hopefully we may get a few games up here.

Simon

Jono said:
Awesome news :)

WHAT?!!!?!!!?!?!?!

Where did you hear this?
apparently its all part of the new TV deal with AFL going back to Seven, word has it that it wasnt rating high enough to keep it running even if Nine had of won the rights again anyway...

Simon

burkey_1988 said:
How can all the football codes be on one channel?
what i meant is that Fox Sports 3 will only have football, we will still have live League and S14 on 1 and 2, its just that during the day when theres nothing on Live we could watch a replay of a Union, Soccer or League match rather than Jet Boats or Golf on 1 and 2...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dammit. I don't have Foxtel, and that means no more domestic cricket for me :(

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah that's the bad thing about it, those who don't have cable for what ever reasons (usually cost) will miss out on watching domestic cricket and I can see where some of the English on here are coming from about losing coverage to C4, but didn't you guys only got Tests on C4 or did you get an C & G etc.?

But as somebody who is fortunate to have Austar (it got me to England last year :D), it is a great thing. Although I do wish it was a season earlier so I could have seen Queensland rack 900 up against Victoria :laugh:

brockley

International Captain
Won't bother getting fox lost on me am afraid,with it being on wednesday no radio coverage either from abc radio,will have to listen to the pura cup on the weekend instead,thats unless murdoch changes that too.

Craig

World Traveller
Haddin said:
Its great news! That stupid channel.
Agreed.

Surely it's a banning offence for those who prefer to watch AFL (or other sport) over cricket and admit to doing so on here? :p :-O

Oh wait...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I prefer to watch cricket than footy, but that's not the point.

They both were surviving well together :(

I'd rather watch AFL than domestic cricket though.

Craig

World Traveller
Each to their own I guess.

Whilst I have developed a passing interest in the game, you won't find me switching channels to watch a game of AFL say if the Pura Cup final is on.