• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Javagal Srinath Warrants a Spot in an Indian All-Time ODI Team?

cnerd123

likes this
oh don't get me wrong, I've watched them play and am well aware of their great moments. But I've never broken down their stats to figure out if they belong into an ATG XI because they don't even enter the conversation on account of being fixers.

I also avoid glorifying their best performances because they do not deserve to be remembered fondly. They lost that privilege when they sold out the game.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
For a while after the 96 quarter-final, everyone believed Jadeja (and then Robin Singh too after some improbable (almost?) chase against Zim in a tri-series in South Africa) could pull India out of the fire, however dire the situation. I think he did alright by whatever talent he had but the fixing ought to have made him and Azhar pariahs in public life.

Flem274*

123/5
srinath is in the conversation but i think he's getting nostaglia treatment. his record is good but he played in a much more forgiving era for odi bowlers. he has been surpassed.

rohit can submit his cv to this side when he can play on something that isn't a motorway. absolute supreme spud away from home. always feels good to see 'rohit sharma' on the scorecard in a meaningful game. likewise, ganguly is pure trash against the moving ball. how the **** averages over 40 as opener idk. decent 5th bowler tho, could bung him at #6 out of harms way. the scary grass might hurt his feelings.

i can understand putting ravi jadeja forward. he is at worst the fourth scariest cricketer in the indian side after kohli, bumrah and shami. every time that **** appears on the field i clench. the guy is a troll and a winner.

im surprised shikhar dhawan isn't getting mentions. he's actually good.

FLOPdulkar
dhawan
dravid (get over it he's fine, and against other atg sides being good outside motorways will have actual value)
kohli i guess
dhoni
yuvraj
kapil
jadeja
kumble
shami
bumrah

i really want zaheer and sehwag in there though. let's be honest we don't need kohli aka slips practice.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin 6
Nohit
Kohli
Ajay Jadeja
Azharuddin *
Hardik Pandya 3
Dhoni +
Kapil 2
Kumble 4
Kuldeep 5
Bumrah 1

12th man Yuvraj
13th man Raina

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I wonder if there's value in looking at Srikkanth as one of the extra batsman - his record doesn't hold up to current standards obviously, but I can see *****'s point about Raina.

srbhkshk

International Captain
So basically something like -

Sachin
Rohit
Srikkanth
Kohli
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Sehwag
Kapil
Kumble
Zaheer
Bumrah/Shami

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If Srikkanth plays, he has to open. Same with Sehwag. And they really were not that flash in the format. More players of great knocks but honestly, relative to the batsmen we have produced in the format, mediocre overall. I really do think Raina at 6 adds more to an Indian AT ODI XI than Sehwag or Srikkanth do as openers.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Shikhar Dhawan
Sachin Tendulkar
Virat Kohli
Yuvraj Singh
Rohit Sharma
MS Dhoni + *
Kapil Dev
Ravi Jadeja
Anil Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Jasprit Bumrah

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I can't understand why Ganguly is in so few of these teams. He was a much better ODI batsmen than many of those mentioned, a decent captain and useful medium pacer.

DriveClub

International Regular
If Srikkanth plays, he has to open. Same with Sehwag. And they really were not that flash in the format. More players of great knocks but honestly, relative to the batsmen we have produced in the format, mediocre overall. I really do think Raina at 6 adds more to an Indian AT ODI XI than Sehwag or Srikkanth do as openers.
Always remember sehwag used to bash pakistan especially in ICC events. Would fail against everyone else in the tournament