• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does anyone use an iPad to browse the forum?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If so how old is it and how does it react. I find with mine that its loading of adverts is extremely erratic. It appears to wait until I’m just about to click a link and then drops an advert in resulting in everything moving down the page and I end up clicking on a different link that’s suddenly where the old link was. The iPad is 8 years old but I don’t know if that’s a factor with nothing to compare it to.

Spark

Global Moderator
Think that's a universal thing tbh, the main difference being an 8yo iPad is going to be seriously slow now so it'll take a while for pages to load hence the annoying delay. On my more recent one it's fine.

Shady Slim

International Coach
If so how old is it and how does it react. I find with mine that its loading of adverts is extremely erratic. It appears to wait until I’m just about to click a link and then drops an advert in resulting in everything moving down the page and I end up clicking on a different link that’s suddenly where the old link was. The iPad is 8 years old but I don’t know if that’s a factor with nothing to compare it to.
yeah i've got an ipad from 2015 i use a lot of the time and it does this, seriously annoying; though it's quite old and the planned obsolescence of an apple product does probably mean it's past the use by date.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
yeah i've got an ipad from 2015 i use a lot of the time and it does this, seriously annoying; though it's quite old and the planned obsolescence of an apple product does probably mean it's past the use by date.
Well past.

Though tbf android-y stuff is just as bad for this. Maybe even worse. Old Samsungs just freeze up whenever web dev trends improve.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t believe in upgrading to the latest version of each device for the sake of it and use each one until it stops suiting my needs. The CW Forum upgrade is the only thing that’s so far caused any problems despite the age of the iPad. Though it is stuck on IOS 12 so with IOS 14 on the horizon and the next generation iPad due soon it might be time to do something radical like spend money.

Shady Slim

International Coach
finding that on my ipad when i backspace, even if i just hit only the once, it deletes almost the entirety of the post sometimes