• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dodgiest World Cup game so far, and the dodgiest result

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I can't remember which game I saw Kalac play for Milan, but he was a beast in goal that game. Saved something around 10 direct shots on goal.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia v Croatia was easily the dodgiest game of soccer I've ever watched. Some of the results went the wrong way though like Ghana vs USA but there wasn't much wrong with that game really.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
Christ, missed that one - last I remember him was playing for mediocre sides like Palace and Leicester - has he ever actually played for them?!
Thank you! I knew the name rung a bell. IIRC O'Neill brought him on in the play-off final v Palace specifically for pens (96?), presumably 'cos he's 8 feet tall. Wasn't needed after Stevie Claridge's shinner tho.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Was really amused and slightly annoyed to see Kofi Annan (UN Secretary General and a Ghana national by birth) give brief press conferences shown on CNN and BBC , where he repeatedly says , "Ghana were too good for USA and the better Team won on the day .(* Better team , my foot !! *:@ :dry: ) Our boys are far from playing to their potential , they can go further !! ":mellow:

Craig

World Traveller
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yes. He is their second choice keeper, so plays fairly regularly. Obviously you can't judge his ability based on one poor performance. He's obviously a good player, or AC Milan wouldn't touch him, much like the Hargreaves/Bayern Munich situation really.
Or rather that the manager/ director of football thought the was good enough, not that it was the case. Like Sven constantly picking Emile Heskey for example...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
Or rather that the manager/ director of football thought the was good enough, not that it was the case. Like Sven constantly picking Emile Heskey for example...
The term 'Director of Football' ought to be stricken from everyone's lexicon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was a shame last night's potential thriller was reduced to 9-a-side

A shame for Portugal that is, because they shall not beat us now with half a team 8-)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
GeraintIsMyHero said:
It was a shame last night's potential thriller was reduced to 9-a-side

A shame for Portugal that is, because they shall not beat us now with half a team 8-)
Figo will "play", whatever that may mean

..and Ronaldo reckons he'll be fit. I don't rate him but it's not exactly half a side with those two in, from a Portugese perspective at least. Deco will be sorely missed, as along with Maniche he's been their best player from what I've seen of them.

Our oldest allies or not I really hope we stuff the dirty ****ers.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Originally Posted by Big Phil
Jesus said we should turn the other cheek, unfortunately, Figo is not Jesus Christ

:) Classic stuff.